OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WV cold & windy longbeard's buddy

Started by sswv, May 02, 2017, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

We had a wind chill of 23 degrees with wind gust of 40+mph this morning BUT, this ol boy and a buddy just had to have a look. BIG MISTAKE  He has a 11 1/4" beard  and his buddy's is at least 10"s. Been after him for several days. Hoping his buddy sticks around because I have one tag left.

renegade19

WV TURKEY THUG

Nice gobbler congrats. The only thing I heard this morning was tree branches breaking.

WV Ridge Reaper

wvspitndrum

Congrats , good one !! Definitely not the most favorable of conditions in WV today !!

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! Way to stick with it in the rough conditions

CT Spur Collector

Congrats...good job!!

Love WV....Killed one on 4-18 & one on 4-22 in Barbour County. You guys and your landowners are fantastic!!

suburbhunter

Greg Massey

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Gold Spur

Love it when a plan comes together.. :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

West Augusta

Congrats to you Mountaineer.  Yep is was a might windy today.  You got a fine trophy.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MT elk slayer

23 degrees and 40 mph gusts?!?! That sounds like t-shirt weather here in tana! Congrats on the bird, hope you get his buddy, on a little warmer temperatures. 27 degrees up here at the house this mornin I  may add without a lick of wind! Think I will head up for my spring bear tomorrow morning to see if they wanna poke their heads out for some fun with my ol .300 win mag
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

sswv

1st 20 ga bird. 870 youth 21" barrel with a Trulock and Federal #7's. shot him at 47 steps and I am here to tell you that little 20 hammered him. 10 1/2" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. I'm tagged out so now I'm gonna go with a couple different friends and do the calling and hopefully find some mushrooms.