turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How long?

Started by supremepredator, April 30, 2017, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

How long did it take you to kill your first bird? It took me 3 seasons which would be 2 years. It was a jake.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

MT elk slayer

My first bird was harvested my first day out of my first season, about 6 hours into the hunt. Called in a first year tom and let the lead fly at 8 yds. My bird this season (2nd season) was about 2 hours into the hunt on the first day out, laid down a beautiful bird 9.25" bird at 12 yds
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

maddog3355

It took me 3 seasons to. Not because there wasn't any turkeys though. Would of helped if I would of been old enough to drive.  If I knew then what I know now I could of killed a bird a day. Had endless farms to hunt now 30 years later farms are split up and houses or grandkids of the original owners are deer hunters and don't want nobody scaring there deer away.

njdevilsb

I got my first bird during my first season when I was 12.  It was a hen in the fall followed by a jake during the next spring.  I have been hooked ever since.

dublelung

I killed my first my 3rd season and I was 14 years old. He was a 2yr old with 9" beard. I remember the whole hunt like it was yesterday.

appalachianassassin

my first season. had a 10in beard and no spurs.

LaLongbeard

Killed my first gobbler in season 1.Took about 3 weeks of trial an error I'll never forget watching the first one walking into range its been an obsession ever  since.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

guesswho

First season with help from my Dad, a long time ago.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Got a jake on my second hunt ever.  Got a longbeard on my next hunt and was seriously and totally hooked at that point.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tha bugman

first season killed two....my crappie fishing career ended before it even started...

Happy

I went many years as a kid tromping  through turkeyless woods just praying to get lucky. A single shot 20 guage new englander shotgun was my weapon. Once I had woods to hunt that had turkeys I killed one pretty quick. A jake.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

stinkpickle

Five years' worth of spring seasons!!!  I took a few fall birds during that time, though.

fallhnt

Took me 6 years to kill one with a bow including two years of Fall archery. My area didn't have a Spring season. Killed one second day I ever Spring hunted in MO. I liked my two years of Fall hunting so much I went out of state to get more hunting time. I've killed 3x the birds with a bow than gun. So now I look for new challenges in the turkey woods.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Farmboy27

Killed one when I was 12, the minimum age in PA back then. Killed one every year after that for 22 years. The streak ended last year.

TauntoHawk

Tried to figure turkey hunting out on my own usually only 1 day a year took me until I was 18 so 7th season to kill a longbeard but I was ate up after that and I've never killed less than 2 a season since then and have hunted more than 1 state every year the last 10 years

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>