turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Va bird down(updated with video)

Started by skimerhorn, April 30, 2017, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Finally got on a bird I've been hunting for 3 weeks. Had a couple hens fly down 20 yds from me then he flies down and struts. Hens carry him away from me into field, but when he saw my avian x decoys he came running in half strut. Shot him about 30 yds, about 20 yds before the decoys. The mag blends drilled him, not even a flop. He was dead at 620. Didn't weigh him but had 9 inch beard and inch spurs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/lOyiQVtftHM

Sat hunt

renegade19

Roost 1

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

trkycaller

shademtn

Way to stick with him.

tha bugman

Nice bird beautiful pics!

skimerhorn

Thanks guys. I got the video up now. Just realized it was a bad shot. First time out with the red dot. Guess I stopped swinging the gun? Either way dead bird

beagler

Never Misses

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

JMalin

He was going in there to whoop up on that jake decoy.  Probably could have waited a little longer before dropping the hammer, but also realize that y'all aren't paid TV hunters and putting a bird down takes presidence over getting more footage.  Nice bird.  Those easterns really do sound different than the rios I'm used to hunting.

skimerhorn

Quote from: JMalin on May 01, 2017, 09:08:58 PM
He was going in there to whoop up on that jake decoy.  Probably could have waited a little longer before dropping the hammer, but also realize that y'all aren't paid TV hunters and putting a bird down takes presidence over getting more footage.  Nice bird.  Those easterns really do sound different than the rios I'm used to hunting.

I would've waited but I would've had to shoot across my friend if he got to the decoys. There was a road in front he had been using. He flew down and strutted up it a ways but hens carried him another way. If I wouldn't have had to shoot across my friend I would've let him get on the decoys, just glad I got him

Greg Massey

nice bird, congrats...video was good also...

kyturkeyhunter4

ncwoodsman