turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey drive

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 29, 2017, 02:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

This morning I set up in a field down in a holler and dad went to the field on the ridge. There was a bird gobbling about 80 yards behind me. I called to him a couple times. Finally he flys down on the hill above me and continues to gobble but wouldn't come any closer. His hens fly down and the gobbling is getting farther away. I could tell when I call they start going farther down the ridge towards dad so I continue calling and I knew they had to be getting close. A little after 7 I hear him shoot. He said he was twisted around so he could shoot behind him but he didn't get on them and had to wait till the hens got past him to turn and by this time the 2 Toms was whipping his decoys. He weighted 19 pound and 15 ounces had a 9 3/4 in beard and 1 in spurs. He killed it with his youth 20ga 870 and fed heavyweight 7s I ended up setting up on 2 Toms about 11:20 and after about 30 mins they came in silent and as soon as they topped the hill and seen the decoys they putted and took over the him. If I had a shotgun I would have been able to shoot but I think I'm gonna stick with my bow a few more days.

Wrangler95

Nice gobbler,congrats!! :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

renegade19

kyturkeyhunter4

WiLL B

mgm1955

tha bugman

Congrats to dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk