OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tomorrow is the day

Started by nctrkyhntr, April 11, 2011, 10:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctrkyhntr

Well everyone I am actually getting to go out tomorrow for a all day hunt and hunting wednesday morning hunt. The new job sailing cars has taken a lot of my time and I was actually able to get tomorrow off and my normal day wednesday off. I am heading out to a spot tomorrow morning where my buddy heard 4 or 5 birds at saturday. I will be there before sunrise waiting for the woods to wake up. If i am not successful there I will be heading to one of my normal spots. there I know where the birds like to be mid afternoon and in the evening. So I am praying to God tomorrow is a good day for me. Wish me luck and hopefully I can help our team out.

Well done everyone so far this season. Congrads to everyone that has harvested a bird. God bless you all

harvester

Good Luck tomorrow and just enjoy being out there. Sounds like a well deserved break away from selling cars. Have a great day and bust ones head.  :icon_thumright:

mfd1027

Dan

unclerick

Good luck Jon,,,SMOKE A FATTY.   :newmascot:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

nctrkyhntr

Tuesday is as follows. Went to a spot that we knew was holding several birds. The wind was blowing 15 - 20 mph so no gobbling. So went to another spot found a lot of fresh sign but again nothing is being heard. By this time by buddy had to go to work. So I head to my favorite spot about 1/4 mile in there I jump a hen off her nest and just keep walking about another 500 yrds I just another hen off her nest. lol So finally I get to the field the birds tend to visit mid day. After sitting for a while I was actually able to get 3 jakes to come in. Whether it was from my calling or just them wondering in there they came. I decided to let them pass through after hanging out for a little while. Now its about lunch time and I am heading back to the truck I stumble upon another jake now my trigger finger is getting itchy, but I let him pass as well. I finally make it to the truck notice a tire is low and head to the store to find a nail in it so I plug it and head to another spot. Sure enough I jump another hen off her nest lol. By this time the thunder storms were rolling in for the night so I slip out of there bc I am going back tomorrow morning. This is a beautiful spot. the road I will be walking on come to a oak flat that slip down into a bottom. So I figure I will stay high and listen in the am and see what the good Lord blesses me with.

harvester

Sounds like you had a good day. Good luck tomorrow morning. :icon_thumright:

gob09

good luck jon,
be sade and have fun

nctrkyhntr

Wednesday morning started as follows. I walked down the road to the new spot I found and stood there in front of a oak flat and bottom just know I would hear a bird gobble there. Nope I was wrong he gobbled on the edge of private property and game lands. As I sat there trying to figure out just how to get to him. He gobbled again. This bird only gobbled 6 times. I finally started making my way to him through a clear cut when he gobbled his last time heading away from me. So I ran to my truck to try and cut him off, nope that didnt happen never heard from him again. But I know what he is doing now so I will be headed back there next week in hopes that he made it through this week. I decided to high tail it to another location. When I got there I loaded up my gun and just stepped foot in the woods. When all of the sudden Gobble. So I started to make my way towards him when I heard him gobble again. So I find a nice spot with a lot of scratchings and set up for the waiting game. Called for alittle while nothing. Then next thing you BOOM on the private land. I figure he had hens with him and they led him straight to make his maker. Well after this it was time for me to head back to the house to spend the rest of the day with my son. Now its the waiting game until next wednesday my day off. This is the one time of the year I hate having a job lol

mfd1027

It sounds like you've found a good spot to hunt this year, Jon.    I know you're going to shoot a nice one-keep after em.   
Dan

unclerick

Sounds like you got a good spot Jon, yeah haveing a job this time of year does hender a fellers turkey hunting for sure.... :fud:  :newmascot:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus