OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Current favorite glass over glass

Started by Txag12, April 27, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

Got the call bug bad this year and can't keep myself from expanding it lol...that said I am looking for recommendations on your current favorite double glass calls. Have been eyeballing the MAC Cherry, Hanks Ambrosia Maple, and Brad Roberts Poplar. Let's hear what y'all got!

Bowguy

Out of the 3 you named the Mac cherry. Dustin Jones makes a good glass too. If you'll go crystal as well the doors open further, same for if you allow a slate soundboard.
Platz makes a great call but he's not taking order I've heard.

hunter22

I ran my Platz Walnut glass over glass a lot this spring and the more I hunted it the more i liked it. I also really like some of Pat Strawser's and Andy Kaiser's glass over glass calls.   

Yelper

#1 Paul Platz Walnut glass/glass.

Here is the name of a call maker you should check out-Jake Naessen with Rugged Custom Calls he is making a great walnut glass/glass and the wait time is short.

Txag12

Would love a platz but I should have included that I don't want a year wait or pay ridiculous amounts on the pre owned market lol. Also been looking at some pat strawsers

West Augusta

Glen Marrer makes a killer glass over glass in a Zebrawood pot.  Usually the first out of my vest.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

vt35mag

Andy Kaiser poplar glass over glass and Halloran double glass are my favorites.
Just listened to a sound file of the walnut glass over glass, and that sounds pretty sweet.

Tennessee Lead

Halloran Double Glass is a good one. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoot12

second on Jake Naessens walnut double glass.

sbbow

Looking forward to my Jake Neeson's glass! Have a slate an aluminum coming from him as well.

Double B

I like my Spring Allure walnut pot double glass, it's very nice.
Followed by buzzards

JHoyle

I've got several high end pots and the one in my vest most of the time is a Spring King glass/glass or glass/slate. This fella runs a small shop behind his house and his calls are simply amazing.

Yelper

Another one of Rugged Customs Walnut Glass/Glass.

boatpaddle

MAC glass over glass in paduak pot..

Cody woodsman glass..

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

tha bugman

Halloran all the way