turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Having too many calls, guns, dogs

Started by Bowguy, April 27, 2017, 05:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

This is for the newer folks cause the rest prob know this. If your woman says you have too many calls, guns, dogs, etc you actually don't have enough if each time you add one or two more she notices.
Once you get beyond the complaining or should I say noticing stage you've effectively broken her in. She may be doing it to you w her shoes, purses n jewelry so it's totally fair n legal. In other words don't ask just keep on keeping on. Good luck on your journey

Happy

Ha! My wife does not spend money on either clothes or shoes. I think she buys one dress a year and the rest are hand me downs. Yet she doesn't mind what I spend on hunting stuff. She has bought me a four wheeler, bow and about 15 turkey calls.  Course I am a bit of a minimalist myself. I don't have a good wife. I have a great one. Awful easy on the eyes also.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Double B

Before season I lay out calls and play them, deciding what calls I like.  My wife came upstairs one day and asked if I realized there were over 75 pot calls laying on our big table.  She continued and said "and that's just pot calls, I'm not counting box calls and scratchers".   I told here I loved her for knowing the difference!   She doesn't give me any problems on calls, guns and other hunting related purchases but that was a funny exchange. I really didn't realize I had that many calls either! 
Followed by buzzards

Bowguy

Guys word of warning don't let em count. They'll know how much half is when things go sour

Swampchickin234

Quote from: Bowguy on April 27, 2017, 05:22:50 AM
This is for the newer folks cause the rest prob know this. If your woman says you have too many calls, guns, dogs, etc you actually don't have enough if each time you add one or two more she notices.
Once you get beyond the complaining or should I say noticing stage you've effectively broken her in. She may be doing it to you w her shoes, purses n jewelry so it's totally fair n legal. In other words don't ask just keep on keeping on. Good luck on your journey
Now that right there is funny.  Many words of truth my man. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT elk slayer

Too many? Those are words that don't exist in the hunter's dictionary. There is never too many animals, you can never have too many toys. We are ten years old at heart, we stay that way until we pass on to the hunting gods. We never learn the words "too many" and if you try to teach us these new words, then that selective hearing kicks in  :z-guntootsmiley:
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

1iagobblergetter

My wife asked once if I thought I'd ever have enough turkey calls and of course my answer simply was no. She's pretty decent and knows there are alot worse things I could be doing. She's  helped me compile a pretty decent turkey hunting book collection over the years and just asked me the other day if I'd like a Neil Cost box call so I can't complain.

donjuan

You don't need that kind of negativity
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

mspaci

hey, I like my guns, dogs, & call. They aren't free, but I just remind her that she spends more on nails, hair, cloths, shoes & yearly trip to Florida for beech time. Seriously though, except for the dogs, she doesn't notice any more. lol Mike

tha bugman

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD- Proverbs 18:22