turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally Got One!!

Started by coonhunter, April 26, 2017, 10:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coonhunter

I have never worked harder for a bird!  Me and my son have hunted this bird since opening day.  I have had him inside 100 yards 8 times!  My son missed him at 10 yards 2 weeks ago.  He would Gobble like crazy but not come to a call.  I slipped in close this morning and he walked with in 60 yards of me off the roost.  It's like this bird could read my mind!  I called a little to try to bring him in and he hung up for 30 min.  Well a hen called behind me and he started to circle me but I could not get turned.  I let him pass and I knew where he was headed.  To a wheat field.  So I let him stay in front of me about 100 yards as I slipped toward the field.  He would gobble every 2 min or so.  When I heard him cutting across the hollar so did I and made it to the field edge.  We both got there at the same time.  He came out 50 yards above me and was walking around the edge of the field to me.  He walked to 15 yards and stopped and looked right at me and started to PUTT??  It's like he knew I was there?  But it was too late!  That 3 1/2" load of longbeard #6 smacked him hard. 

11 1/2" beard and 1 1/4" spurs!
Joshua 24:15

slwayne

Nice job!  Glad you stayed on him and didn't give up.  Perseverance and patience pay off.

wcerin

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Greg Massey

SS Calls

renegade19

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rio Fan

hobbes

TRG3

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together! Congratulations on a successful hunt.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Txag12

Sure is awesome when persistence pays off congrats on the bird!

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats!! :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God