turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lost hunting gear? (Minnesota)

Started by lhprop1, April 24, 2017, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhprop1

I found some hunting gear yesterday and I figured I'd grab it and try to find the rightful owner before someone else claimed it for themselves.

I know it's a long shot, but if you or anyone you know lost some hunting gear on public land in Waseca County over the past weekend, let me know.  If you can identify it, I will get it back to you.

Mossberg835

Nice of you to try to find rightful owners

1iagobblergetter

perrytrails

MT elk slayer

Not too many people out there now a days that would do what you are doing. I've lost gear in the past, and have gone back down the same trails that I walked to never find it, can only assume that one would pick up items such as a $600 range finder and keep it for themselves. Hopefully you get the gear back to them!
When the bulls ain't talkin, hit the ice, when the ice is melted, break out the ol box call

turkeyfeathers

Good karma coming your way just for even attempting to find the rightful owner. Good on you man

lhprop1

Quote from: turkeyfeathers on April 24, 2017, 03:58:11 PM
Good karma coming your way just for even attempting to find the rightful owner. Good on you man

I would have been happy to have a tom sacrifice his life for me to return the gear to the rightful owner.  Unfortunately, the turkey gods and the gear gods couldn't agree on the terms.

Cut N Run

Good for you for doing the right thing. No kind of identification in it at all?  I guess there's a lot of my stuff I don't have my name on.  I hope the rightful owner comes forth and claims it.  I believe I'm going to put one of my laminated business cards in the vest pocket right now.  That way, whoever finds it will know whose gear they're hunting with.

My wife found a guy's wallet with $700+ cash in it one day when she was trail riding her horse. She crossed a four wheeler trail & saw the wallet on the ground.  It turned out to belong to the guy who leased that land for deer hunting  and some guys had come in from out of state for a few day's hunt and paid him in cash.  He was more worried about his driver's license and credit cards than he was the cash.  He gave her $100 finder's fee. Win/win.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Geechie

That's Solid! I wish more people had that attitude and tried to do the right thing more often!

captpete

Great for you OP!!! Once again this is what makes this forum one of the best. Hunters helping/ looking out for each other.  :icon_thumright:

Rzrbac

That's stand up for sure!  I've never found any hunting gear, plenty of game cameras and treestands and an occasional glove. 

That's a very commendable gesture and hopefully it makes it back to its owner.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

beakbuster10

Did you try posting on Craigslist and Facebook? Might have a better chance of finding the rightful owner that way. Good on you OP, way to take the high road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadly

Several times when I think I'm the only one in the woods I've packed up some of my gear and left it so I can travel light to chase a bird.  It's always been there when I return.  I hope it was not left rather than lost. 

mikejd

Cool deal. I hope you find the rightful owner. Good man.