turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ultra proud dad!

Started by 2eagles, April 23, 2017, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Nope, my little boy didn't get his first turkey. That happened many years ago and many toms ago. He's grown up in many ways now. Licensed plumber with a great job, wife and a beautiful year old baby girl.
But today he did it again. Being a veteran himself, he took a disabled veteran turkey hunting this morning to one of his favorite public land secret spots. This guy has been trying for years, but never connected. Serious enough he has a DSD Jake. Yesterday a Jake came out of no where, thumped the DSD once and kept on running. lol  Today, being the last day they could hunt, neither could get an early start, so at nine o'clock they got out hunting. This time three jakes came in but only two left. The vet got his first turkey!!! No apologies for shooting a Jake, just celebration.

guesswho

Congrats to the Veteran and good on your son.  Nice to hear that it all came together.   And no one should ever apologize for hunting within the laws, being successful and having fun! :icon_thumright: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

Good for him  you have every right to be proud of him
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

coyote1

Congrats to your son and the veteran!
I commend anyone who takes a wounded vet hunting, they might not be able to go otherwise. Most definitely do not get the respect and compensation they deserve for their sacrifices.

Greg Massey

Rzrbac

Congrats all the way around! 

chatterbox

Quote from: guesswho on April 23, 2017, 03:51:00 PM
Congrats to the Veteran and good on your son.  Nice to hear that it all came together.   And no one should ever apologize for hunting within the laws, being successful and having fun! :icon_thumright: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Couldn't have said it better!

monty690

Quote from: coyote1 on April 23, 2017, 04:42:25 PM
Congrats to your son and the veteran!
I commend anyone who takes a wounded vet hunting, they might not be able to go otherwise. Most definitely do not get the respect and compensation they deserve for their sacrifices.

What he said

owlhoot

Congrats to you guys and thanks for taking a vet.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

renegade19

Celebrate for sure!  Who cares if it was a jake!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Swenny

I'd be awfully proud of that boy!!!  Love to see a pic if you've got one to post.

kyturkeyhunter4

Brs2427