Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scored this morning

Started by reflexl, April 22, 2017, 09:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I killed the bird I blew it on Monday. Light coaxing with the Riley Corder call got him killed. Not an upgrade. 63 points.

callaway71

Congrats! I killed number 2 from FC this morning as well. Not an upgrade but fun hunt. Heading to Ky this afternoon.

Tennessee Lead

Congratulations
I stayed home and intended to go after it passed but the wind was whipping and rather cold. Not a good combo for the woods. I've tried it several times before and haven't ever got a bird to Gobble so I'm staying home. It's raining again now. Maybe next weekend will be better weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darn2ten

Congrats! I had other obligations this morning and couldn't go. Probably would have needed a rowboat anyway. Might try a afternoon hunt if I can find time after changing out a brake caliper.

reflexl

caliper sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!!

reflexl

Great morning and redemption. I blew it on this bird Monday. I knew where he was roosting and decided to back off. This morning I went back and decided to set a hen decoy about 40 yards in the field hoping to draw his attention away from me since it was hard to have much cover. He was the mouthiest 3 year old I have ever seen after not even gobbling Monday. I don't like calling them on the roost but he had moved to the next field down the hill. I called enough to let him know there was a hen where he had been . He flew up hill and stayed in the edge of the woods. He finally started strutting and headed for the deke. Shot him at 40 yards with my bps and a 3.5" magblend. Used a call from Riley Corder. 21lbs, 1 1/8 spurs and 10" beard.

TNTRKYHunter

Congrats guys. Wished I could have been out there this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk