turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen Slate Pot Wood?

Started by merriamsman, April 18, 2017, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merriamsman

I'm thinking about getting one of Lonnie Sneed's Hot Hen slate calls - is there a favorite wood for the pot?

SteelerFan

Most all of his pots are cedar. I do have an ambrosia maple outlaw hen. Lonnie is pretty basic. He builds it, you buy it.

HFultzjr

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 19, 2017, 10:11:37 AM
Most all of his pots are cedar. I do have an ambrosia maple outlaw hen. Lonnie is pretty basic. He builds it, you buy it.

If I may add to your post:

"Lonnie is pretty basic. He builds it, you buy it, gobblers hear it, you kill gobblers............LOL

Great calls. All of them.
:z-winnersmiley:

Triple B

Quote from: HFultzjr on April 19, 2017, 09:52:21 PM
Quote from: SteelerFan on April 19, 2017, 10:11:37 AM

If I may add to your post:

"Lonnie is pretty basic. He builds it, you buy it, gobblers hear it, you kill gobblers............LOL

Great calls. All of them.
:z-winnersmiley:

Very well put, and I couldn't agree more. Lonnie has magic in his pots, and builds as good as anyone out there..

griffman

You should give his green glass a listen.  It's a great call. 

hunter22

My 3 1/4 inch Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen (3-inch playing surface) that I have killed a bunch of gobblers with is made out of Poplar with a Red Cedar ring. I am not sure he still makes this size. He wanted me to send the call back to him to see if he could duplicate the sound but I was afraid the mail might lose it.