News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Odd wear on a 12 gauge SA-459?

Started by Gutsdozer, April 16, 2017, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutsdozer

Hello,

I have a new SA-459. I was wondering if this wear in the picture is normal? I am new to this gun. I can't think if anything that would strike or rub this area of the gun to cause this. I put a layer of nail clear coat on it. Not sure if that will help at all.

FL-Boss

20 or 12ga?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gutsdozer

FL-Boss

Mine is a 20ga. I just looked and it does have a single chip in the same spot. Guessing it's the shell ejection causing it

FL-Boss

Probably shot mine 40 times since new

Old Gobbler

Only thing is could think is the brass hull as it's being ejected , being fling around as the bolt closes forward and hitting the receiver -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Ridge Rooster

Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

yelpaholic

must be my 20 has a very small scuff in the same place.  only been shot about 25 times

sevetts

My 12 has a single nick in the same place, never even noticed it till I saw this thread

Gutsdozer

I emailed Weatherby and asked if this was a common issue. The response I got was a little worrisome. They didn't know(or didn't act like they knew) what part of the gun I had sent a picture of to them. They also could not tell there were chips out if the finish. I am waiting for a response.

Ridge Rooster

Let us know what they say.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Philippe

It's normal, its from the violent ejection of the shells. Mine had it as well.

yelpaholic

Yea those tss hulls come out of there in a hurry i can hardly ever find the spent hulls.. :OGturkeyhead:

wvmntnhick

Not just typical for that gun. Happens to lots of autos. Think my 11-87 has a similar character mark.

Nightfallatdawn

My 20 gauge is the same way.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk