OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in KS on Easter Morning!

Started by HookedonHooks, April 16, 2017, 10:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

The birds were going nuts this morning. I had some guy drive a car from out of the private property behind me, but he got out just at about shooting time. While I thought it was odd, especially because there's no house  back there, I was sure he blew the four or five gobblers that were on that property but only 100 or so yards behind me in the timber. After he drove off, the birds kept hammering, it was game on. So I slightly shifted to were I'd have a nice shot when these birds got to the top of the hill and proceeded mimicking the short, soft three cluck cadence as I could hear their hens they had with them. After 25 minutes of anticipation I spotted a big ol black blob coming right from the middle of the field, the wrong way for me to shoot and the one open view to where I was sitting. He approached with caution, but circled 10 yards around the back side of the decoys and walked right to where my gun was pointed. First shot dumped him but he got up and had to be finished off at the bottom of the hill where he crashed to the creek bank. Same situation happened last year on this property only I never got the bird, I think the turkeys are down right super turkeys on this property. Here's a pic. It was a wet morning. Will post measurements when I get around to cleaning him up. Decent two year old.

HookedonHooks

It was on this day two years ago that I killed my first bird by myself, and my first bird in KS.  :blob10:

stinkpickle

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:  That bird definitely looks like he had a bad morning.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 16, 2017, 11:34:27 AM
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:  That bird definitely looks like he had a bad morning.
He had a not so happy Easter, but he made mine even happier.  :turkey2:

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

dublelung

Beautiful fan on him too!  ;D

Congrats on the gobbler!

Scott4Hunting

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beagler

Never Misses

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

AR Cowboy

HookedonHooks

Cleaned real quick before I did Easter things and threw the goodies in the freezer to Borax a few days later. Beard 11 inches and spurs 1 1/2 each. My initial thoughts of him being a light two year old were wrong. I'd say this guy was an active three year old that had his way with the ladies.

tha bugman

brought him to the boom boom room!  Congrats!