turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Taxidermist bound

Started by Poleaxe, April 15, 2017, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poleaxe

Took a weeks vacation to burn it up this week in Tennessee. Managed to fill 3 of my four tags and put 3 other friends on birds. Could've easily tagged out but saving the last tag for an old bird im after. This has been a really special season for me having finally being able to run a mouth call and haven't pulled a pot out yet. Wednesday I take a buddy and tried working one on the limb but he pitched off with some hens on the other side of the ridge. I try and maneuver around the other side and get a different bird to fire off and got him into 40yrds for his first of the year. We hit up 3 other spots and nothing wanted to play. I start getting hungry and pack up at 1145 and head over to get his bird. I try one last time and get one to fire off. I pause and try again and he cuts me off closer. I peak out into the field and see 2 gobblers 300+yards away. I close the distance by 75yrds and these two were coming fast gobbling every 10sec. They made the turn and came right to me at 25yrds and I dropped him. I walked over and was blown away. He managed to be sporting 4 beards and 1 1/4in hooks and weighed 22lbs. I said I'd never pay the money to have one mounted but I realized I doubt I'll ever outdo this bird so off he goes. Hate that my vacation has come to an end but 8 consecutive days has my body needing some rest. I still have plenty of off days to go but not another banner 8 successful days in a row.

1iagobblergetter

I'd have to spend the money also..Lol..Congrats....they don't get much better than that!!

Marc

Put him in the bedroom...  The wife will love it.

Very nice bird...  Almost hope I don't shoot one, cause I really have no desire to mount a turkey...  But I too would at least think hard about putting that one on the wall.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gobble!

Gold Spur

Awesome bird! Post some pics when you get him back from the taxidermist.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Nukm80

That's awesome! Congratulations

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Swenny

whoa dude!  I'd get him mounted too!

NorfolkHunter

Amazing bird congratulations!  That's my Eastern mounter right there or has to have 1 1/2" hooks.  Just took my Merriam's to the taxidermist yesterday.  Going to get a full strut mount. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Awesome bird. Congrats.

fountain2

Fins gobbler .  You have one of the best taxidermist in the nation there in Tennessee and that's chip hayes.  Id check with him on mounting a once in a lifetime gobbler

eorlando

Heck of a bird. Check out John Beard he did my smoke phase osceola. He is in TN and did an incredible job. There are pictures of my mount posted on here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ncwoodsman

Ishi

I don`t blame you! That`s pretty neat and congrats
The Spirit Lives On

DirtNap647

Meadow Valley Man