OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"A GOOD FRIDAY!"

Started by bbcoach, April 14, 2017, 11:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Today I have been TRULY BLESSED 3 times.  First and foremost, we celebrate Good Friday, when our Heavenly Father sent his son and our Savior Jesus Christ to atone for our sins.  Second, my Lovely wife of 40 years, celebrates her 61st birthday.  And third, God blessed me with a gobbler at 7:10 this morning.  I had setup in the same spot yesterday morning and had a bird gobble for 2 solid hours but wouldn't come to the call.  This morning, back in the same spot, the birds had roosted within 75 yards of me.  Two gobblers gobbling at 6:05 and fly down at 6:15 with no less than 6 birds flying down.  The birds worked all around me, 5 hens, 2 jakes and the 2 gobblers, for about an hour.  The 2 jakes and 3 hens walked past me twice, some as close as 3 yards until I got a crack at one of the gobblers at 7:10.  9 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/8 " spurs on both feet and around 20 lbs.  I won't post a PIC because he flopped in a mud puddle and he looks like he just came out of a baptismal mudpool.  What a BLESSED day!!!!   

mikejd

Congrats, and yes we all are blessed.

Happy b day to your wife.

Spitten and drummen

Congratulations and amen brother. It is a wonderful day.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TRG3

Congratulations on it truly being a Good Friday. I ,too, was hoping for a Good Friday turkey, but the gobblers fooled me for the third day. They always cross the creek, scurry up the bank, and go to a corn field that is some 20' higher than the field they fly down in. Tomorrow morning, I'll be across that creek set up in the general vicinity of where they climb the creek's bank and enter the corn field. I'll have my Funky Chicken and a feeder hen set up, possibly on tall stakes if the yellow wild mustard will block my decoys on their regular stakes. I'd planned to leave the area alone for a couple of days, but this morning I left part of my decoy stake in the ankle-high grass of the fly down field and need to retrieve it before the next batch of rain makes the road there impassible.

kyturkeyhunter4

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase