OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 gauge turkey gun choice?

Started by GaryO, April 10, 2017, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryO

I was thinking you folks could help me choose a new 20 gauge turkey gun; what say you? Thanks...
Gary O

NRA Member

CrustyRusty

Benelli m2 or SX3...or depending on your budget 870, BPS, mossy

taylorjones20

I really really like my Benelli M2 20ga!!!!!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Philippe

Greg Massey

Hands down the youth 21 inch 870 Rem. 20 gauge...with Federal H W 7 , it's deadly with a Trulock non-ported 565 choke...Killed my second Boss bird with mine yesterday...what a gun...

g8rvet

I have a youth model 20 repurposed to a turkey killer for my daughter.  Trulock choke and Fed HW#7.  Deadly at 40.

I hunt a Weatherby SA-459 with a Trulock choke (I live near them, Sumtoy is aces as well) and Fed HW#7
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

surehuntsalot

My wife surprised me with a Stoeger 3020 that I'm falling in love with fast.
She even got me a Carlson long beard choke tube for, just haven't had the time off of work to do any pattern testing
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SKFOOTER

Don't overlook the Franchi Affinity. :turkey2:

sswv

what Greg Massey said. I have that exact same set-up.  awesome is putting it mildly.

reynolds243

1. Benelli M2
2. Benelli M2
3. Benelli M2
4. SX3/Affinity
5. Stoeger 3020

chatterbox

WildTigerTrout

I own two, a Rem 870 Express 26" and a Benelli Nova full camo 24".  Like them both.  The Remington is less expensive.  IMO either is a good choice.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

wvmntnhick

Any one you want to put your hands on really. If it fits you, it'll be just fine. With all the choke options, I don't really see where ones better than another at this point. Sure everyone has their preferences but in the end, that's all it is. My 11-87 is good but no better than my 1300 really. Would love to have an sx3 but it is what it is. Get what you want and make sure it's a purchase you're satisfied with. If you're not happy with it, you'll not carry it anyway. Doesn't matter if it's a $50 or a $5000 gun. If you don't like it, it's just taking up another spot in the safe.

kwild835

Any of you M2 haters looking to sell?