turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Handled Teaser

Started by WillowRidgeCalls, April 09, 2017, 10:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowRidgeCalls

I built this maple/mahogany Teaser yesterday. I need to put the finish on it and fine tune it yet, but she's a looker. First time building a handled call in this combo, It'll be interesting to see how she sounds when finished?
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

doublespurs21

that's a awesome piece of splated maple,,  very nice looking call;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

mgm1955

Cottonmouth

If it sounds as good as it looks, Lord have mercy on the turkeys.

WillowRidgeCalls

Thanks guys,
This call tuned out better than I expected. I love the sound of an Old School sounding call, and this little lady has just that! It has a med/high whine at the start, and rolls into a mid tone yelp that drops off the roof into a deep throated raspy finish. The clucks are deep n spity sounding. The purrs have a hollow soft chatter, but the kee kees are sharp and clear, and the lost kee kee is a high pitched whistle. The gobbler/jake yelps have a slight whistle start that rolls over into a gravelly deep chatter rasp. I'm gonna give her a test run this weekend at our Youth/LTH hunt weekend, hopefully we won't get rained out, and we'll have a Tom come dancing in?  :fud:  :dancingturkey:
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

outdoors

SOUDS VERY INTERESTING .......  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field