turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Grand slam done

Started by Fire652, April 08, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire652

Next I have a Gould hunt in two weeks. But the rio was my nemesis. 4 hunts to Texas and Oklahoma.  Weather killed most of the hunts. Finally got it done. John Sinclaire slate call pulled these birds in and got the biggest one I did manage to save the tail feathers that came iff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suburbhunter

Farmboy27

Congrats!  Awesome accomplishment!!

renegade19

owlhoot

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TauntoHawk

Congrats, That would be fun to attempt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fire652

Thanks everyone it was fun But frustrating.  I do not have unlimited funds or pto and so all the attempts thwarted by weather really began adding up. However I would recommend it to anyone to at least attempt it. Hunting turkeys in different areas was the most enjoyable part.

KYHeadhunter02

Congrats!! Which bird was the easiest and hardest?

mgm1955

Lucky_Strutter

Congrats & good luck on your Gould hunt!
The Great White Spur Hunter

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! Awesome accomplishment  :icon_thumright:

taylorjones20

Nice. Congrats!  I'm jealous lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Fire652

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on April 09, 2017, 09:53:02 PM
Congrats!! Which bird was the easiest and hardest?
Miriam by far the easiest
Osceola was the hardest although the rio took me the most time but weather played a huge factor

Tomfoolery

Congrats on the slam. Hoping to get mine one day if the good Lord is willing. Have killed several easterns and rios. Going to the black hill on the 22nd hoping to tag my merriams. Then hopefully will be planning an Osceola hunt in the future.