OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Second weekend plan  (Read 3483 times)

Online reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Second weekend plan
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
Switching farms in the morning. At least for now these birds should be easier to hunt. I am taking off monday and tuesday so I can't hunt them as hard as I need too. Until I get one on the board I may not take the muzzleloader. The 835 is money in the bank and always has been. I am tempted to take the new supermag as it is shooting great.

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Second weekend plan
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
Good luck!

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Second weekend plan
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:09:14 PM »
Good luck!! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Second weekend plan
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:11:08 AM »
Good luck Roy
I'm hitting the usual place Saturday but got an invite to a buddies farm that he recently purchased that's covered up with birds for Sunday morning.
I've killed 3 there several years ago before he owned it. He knew the previous owner well and had permission to hunt it and I was granted permission to back then. I killed my biggest bird there. I'm really looking forward to it and it's only 2 miles from home! Hoping for a double.
He said they were blowing the timber down this morning when he was feeding the mules before work.

Online reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 12:01:57 PM »
I just heard from one of our members that just got a monster. ????

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
Well I would have loved to have went this morning, but my wife suckered me into my first 5K run over inflatable obstacles! Well I finished but let's just say I didn't come in first. Had fun though, I'll get back after them hopefully this coming week.

Online reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 02:14:06 PM »
Lol you got to do what you got to do!

Online reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »
Got skunked this morning. The birds had crossed the Flint River to roost. They gobbled very little. They weren't about to come back accross the river. We tried. Going in the morning before church. Taking Monday and Tuesday off to chase birds.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Second weekend plan
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »
Well I would have loved to have went this morning, but my wife suckered me into my first 5K run over inflatable obstacles! Well I finished but let's just say I didn't come in first. Had fun though, I'll get back after them hopefully this coming week.
Your going to need a couple of days to recover from that. I bet it was fun though.