turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 11-87

Started by jjenkins, April 07, 2017, 12:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjenkins

I want to move to a 20 ga. for my turkey gun, I can walk in and buy the Remington today the other gun I looked at is the Mossberg sa 20 witch I would have to order. the Remington has a 21 inch barrel. I plan on shooting federal hvy. weight or hevi shot. has anyone here had any experience with this short barrel Remington. good or bad it's a lot of money but hey you only live once.
Thanks
Jim

Tom Foolery

My brother in law shoots a 21" 1187 with the Rem Super Full and Fed 7's.  He also shoots the Win 1 5/16oz #4's.

I don't remember the exact numbers but I do remember it thrashed my 870's numbers soundly. 

It is a sweet shooting little gun.

longislandloco

JMHO.....Go Remington, so many options with that gun, and parts are easy to order on line direct from Remington, my last order placed on Monday, received on Thursday, no Customer Service from any company can match that.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

nyhunter

you'll never go back to a heavy , hard kickin 12ga. and you will love that 1187 with that short 21" barrel they pattern great.

Ridge Rooster

I have two 11-87 youth guns and a 870 youth gun. I have been playing with chokes for the 11-87's and I have seen a trend that my 870 seems to shoot better patterns than either of the 11-87's. The auto's seem to be real similar in the way that they shoot. Nearly identical patterns with the different chokes I have tried. I shoot TSS #9 shot with 1 5/8 oz of shot. Unsure why the 870 is different but I suspect that the gas system of the auto's have something to do with it? Don't really know. I did try a factory Federal Flight Control Heavy 7 in one of my 11-87's the other day through a Sumtoy choke that I bought and it produced one of the best patterns I have seen with the Federals, 188 in the 10" at 40 with 100 in the 20". I have also found that my 11-87's really like to be choked pretty tight. I do really like the 11-87's and the 870 youth guns and will probably never go back to my 12 gauges. I would highly suggest the Remingtons as like said above, after market parts are readily available.

Good luck
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

jjenkins

thanks for the reply's I am going to buy the 11-87 today.
Jim

jdub2041

love my 1187!!! mine will shoot in the 180s with a pure gold tempest .555 with heavi 7's also loves the fed hw 7s