OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lacrosse Boots

Started by bbcoach, April 07, 2017, 08:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

About a week ago, I sent Lacrosse a pair of Alpha Burly rubber boots, that had the soles disbonding from the uppers, for evaluation.  They were coming loose at the instep on both boots.  I sent the original purchase receipt to show actual purchase and Good Faith on my part.  The boots were purchased in March of 2013 and were in excellent shape with no leaks.  I received a return E-mail saying they were outside their warranty period (which I knew) and Lacrosse would give me a 40% discount on a pair of boots on their website ($160-$200 comparable boots) if I would like.  I e-mailed them back and explained that this was a bonding issue (manufacturing quality issue) and ask for further evaluation.  Another e-mail from Lacrosse, they were sorry but the boots were outside the warranty and they were standing behind their decision.  I wanted them to understand they had a quality issue and buying another pair of boots for $100-$130 (40%) wasn't solving a thing if their bonding process was flawed.  I'll have a very hard time purchasing from them again knowing I can only get 4 years of average use out of a pair of $200 boots.  My 2 cents.

Tom Foolery

I use Danner boots because they fit me perfect and the ones I've had last forever. 

Maybe look into the Cabelas brand boots, they have a lifetime warranty.

Only pair of boots I ever sent back I had a pair of Cabelas snake boots that started to leak after 3-4 years.  I contact customer service and had a new pair of boots in 4 days. 

sswv

I think I've had every brand of boot on the market at one time and the one pair of Lacrosse I had were about the most comfortable walking boot I've had on my foot but, it was hands down the worst for endurance. They leaked terrible, they came apart at the external bonds and inside. Yep, even the lining came apart and all that within 18 months. Now, with that being said, my Danners are tuff as nails but not comfortable like they should be. Believe it or not my wife and I were in the Smokies last summer and I bought a pair of cold weather North Face leather lace up boots at an outlet store for 70% off. Didn't know a thing about them but the looked good and were comfortable. Only boot I wore all last fall and winter. Ya just never know until you try. I'd stay at it with Lacrosse if I were you. You're right about the manufacturing process failing. You'd think they would want a happy customer.

Tomfoolery

Ive used lacrosse knee boots all my life. I am done with them. Ive purchased 2 pairs of swampfox waders the last 2 duck seasons and both have leaked like a sieve straight out of the box. I dont have time to send brand new waders back every 3 weeks. I still own a pair of the grange knee boots. Good knock around boot for wet yard and such. I bought a pair of banded breathable knee boots this year. No the best but not as hot as the rubber and they do the job. I recently purchased a pair of HanWag hiking boots for my Black hills trip. Havent hunted in them yet but they fit very nice and light as a feather. I got them at 50% off on camofire app. I went with the Hanwag after seeing the mixed reviews about the Danners lately. The reviews on the HWs seemed to be all 5*

blackmagic

Until someone comes up with a boot comparable to the Alpha Mudlite Snake boots, I'll be buying Lacrosse.  I guess it sucks if you were expecting a free pair of boots although they were out of warranty.  I personally would be satisfied replacing a 4 year old pair of boots with new boots basically at cost. 

tha bugman

I wear Grange and about 4 years is all I can get out of them if my tire patches don't hold.  Bought a pair the other day for $80 jeeze that seems high for a plain rubber boot.

taylorjones20

I've had a pair of the LaCrossse Aerohead boots for 3 years and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever put on my feet.  If they last 4 years and the next pair last 4 years, I will be extremely happy to buy them again...

My everyday Timberlands lasted almost 2 years and I would've been glad to purchase another pair if they still made them...

Alive only by the Grace Of God

catdaddy

I've been wearing LaCrosse Boots for years. I'm tough on boots. I like the way they fit--very comfortable. With heavy use, 4 years is about all your going to get out of them. Im ok with that.   

maytom

Lacrosse boots are what I only wear for spring turkey and fall bow hunting. I have two pair now, the Grange and the Burleys. When it's very cold out and winter weather, I wear pak boots with removable liners. I am on my second pair of Burleys, first pair got all torn up. Hard on my footware.

Tail Feathers

I had some Lacross boots that lasted about three years.  I bought some Mucks and like them a lot, but I usually wear lace up boots during turkey season.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Bill Cooksey

I hate the Alphas, but the standard Grange and Burley are great boots. I've been wearing them for over thirty years, and I don't anticipate buying anything else.

JHoyle

I know of three pairs of the lacrosses that did this same exact thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Fahs

Been using the burly and grange for thirty years. Hunting work play doesn't matter. THEY are not as good as the originals but still damn tough and comfortable. The originals made in Wisconsin would last near 10 years. NOW lucky to get 4 years. RUBBER quality went way down when production moved to china.

beagler

I have to say, four years are about all I get out of a rubber/neoprene knee boot.
Never Misses

Double B

Looks like a nice gesture from LaCrosse,  they're my favorite and been wearing them for many years.  On 4 year old boots I'd try some shoe goo or goop for your separation repairs.
Followed by buzzards