OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven strike 3 flare tip quality issue

Started by Fl strutter, April 06, 2017, 07:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

I ordered this striker for almost $40 and the first I got the tip wasn't turned even(right). I called them and they were nice and sent another and it was worse (left). I wouldn't think that they make them this way. Has anyone else has this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dejake

No, but it doesn't surprise me.  I've only seen one of their calls, but the quality and attention to detail on it was awful.

Fl strutter

I like the striker but if they can't send me one that has a good tip I'm gonna ask for my money back.

Snood Life

I have one from them that is uneven but not that bad. What doesn't make sense to me is you called them, told them you had one uneven, and they didn't look at the next one they sent you.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: 10splayer23 on April 06, 2017, 09:14:57 PM
I have one from them that is uneven but not that bad. What doesn't make sense to me is you called them, told them you had one uneven, and they didn't look at the next one they sent you.

I like some Woodhaven Calls but this seems like a quality control issue... I would send them the picture posted here, maybe they had a bad batch???

MK M GOBL

deerpoo22

Same issue I had! Just touched it up with 100 grit sandpaper and it works like a charm now. Unacceptable considering how much they cost.

mmclain

Get someone to turn one for you.   It's the new dymalux laminate.  They ripped off the old Pete Peters's strikers dimensions.   So if you can get the same thing done correctly do it. 

Daddy rat

I've touched up almost every flaired striker I've bought, got 5 different brands.  Get some 220 grit and touch them up if you like striker sound and feel but they didn't look that bad and I know what you mean for $40 that joker should be perfect.  mmclain makes great strikers and very reasonable

Fl strutter

I talked to them friday and sent them the picture. The owner Mike looked at them and said I have a perfect one on the way to me. You shouldn't have to sand or modify any striker you buy. Especially a $40 striker.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Fl strutter on April 09, 2017, 03:38:35 PM
I talked to them friday and sent them the picture. The owner Mike looked at them and said I have a perfect one on the way to me. You shouldn't have to sand or modify any striker you buy. Especially a $40 striker.
X2 , agree