turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pick me a chair

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 05, 2017, 08:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Turkey thug chair from Wal-Mart $20 and its the best chair I have had.  I put a strap on it and attached a small dog collar to the top that has a lanyard so I won't lose it.  The collar allows me to fold and go without having to fool around with that velcro strap at the top.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 05, 2017, 11:54:30 PM
The only one I've tried:

Browning Camping 8525014 Strutter Folding Chair (Regular) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PIRAYE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZTB5ybHN1B75J

But I give it 5 stars...

I have one also, it's an awesome chair. 5 stars here.

wdog

Out of all of these which one is the quietest one? I have a couple turkey thugs from wal-mart and they are kind of noisy.

SKFOOTER

Turkey Thugs chair from Wal Mart.  I own 2 of them!! :turkey2:

SwampRooster17

Pleased with the turkey thugs chair I got at Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackmagic

I put a set of universal tree stand back pack style straps on my gobbler lounger.  Don't even know its back there. 

KYHeadhunter02

The turkey thug is out of stock from Wal-Mart. Ill check locally.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003AV6CO4/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_200_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VFTFV725ZZ33XBQJ7YGZ&dpPl=1&dpID=91i8FuBe6tL

This one weighs 5lbs and has pockets on the front, fold the back over for a magazine rack :funnyturkey:. Doesn't look as stable with the legs though.

drenalinld

Quote from: wdog on April 06, 2017, 02:23:03 PM
Out of all of these which one is the quietest one? I have a couple turkey thugs from wal-mart and they are kind of noisy.

Very good question. The Wal Mart chair can be VERY noisy trying to turn and get a gun on a gobbler. I have had three Gobbler Loungers. Two of them broke first use at the beach this past Summer. I have a Browning and it better than the others. Great chair. I just bought the Alps chair and it is identical to the Browning in fact I believe the Browning is made by Alps. I got the MC which is their 3" wider seat and rated for 300 lbs. I am 6' 4" and 280. It is crazy comfortable and very quiet. The larger one weighs 8 lbs. The regular size weighs 6.5 lbs the same as gobbler lounger and Wal Mart chair.
https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Outdoorz-NWTF-Vanish-Chair-Obsession/dp/B01M69CQDX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491552686&sr=8-1&keywords=alps+vanish+mc

alps also makes a metal frame turkey seat but it doesn't fold up as small plus the metal can be really noisy.

joeturkey

I have a Mack chair it's 6 lbs, and very comfortable ,they are sold  at ace hardware and sells for26.00 bucks.

turkeyfeathers

Another vote for the Gobbler lounger BUT cut that strap off and put a longer one on. It's way to short and always sliding off my shoulder. When wearing a heavier coat it's almost impossible to keep it on over shoulder.

taylorjones20

I use the Alps/browning chair.  Very comfortable and sturdy.  I've been through 3 of the turkey thug chairs. No more.  Spend a little extra $ and get quality!

I got mine at the NWTF convention a few years ago. It has a browning logo on the chair but it was at the alps booth and the tag said alps.

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/browning-strutter-mc-realtree-xtra-hd-chair-w-carry-bag.html?_iv_code=BG-CHR-187046&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CjwKEAjw8ZzHBRCUwrrV59XinXUSJADSTE5kaCV8zEELVcvfUhGwlnsc8OK9D1RwHwfifGnPVYRhDxoCjNnw_wcB
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Tomfoolery

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on April 06, 2017, 10:47:20 AM
Quote from: SteelerFan on April 05, 2017, 11:54:30 PM
The only one I've tried:

Browning Camping 8525014 Strutter Folding Chair (Regular) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PIRAYE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZTB5ybHN1B75J

But I give it 5 stars...

I have one also, it's an awesome chair. 5 stars here.

Another 5 stars here. Love mine. I like the way it collapses small. My cousin has one. Not sure which brand, but it folds in and is big and bulky to carry.

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

model94

I purchased  a Cabelas lounger last.year and returned it because it was noisy when I shifted in the chair.  I returned it and bought a Browning Chair. Love it.

mspaci