OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Bob Dixon Limited Edition Mossy Oak Turkey Vest

Started by ncwoodsman, April 05, 2017, 08:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

Sorry for double posting - Just read the one below mine.

catman529

6 days left and bid is at $735. I have to know what makes this vest so special that people will pay that. What are its powers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antnye

At this point it is not how good or how magical the vest is. It is the collectibility of it. There were only a limited number made. As with anything it's supply and demand.  A Neil cost box call and a quality custom box from a good maker will both call a turkey equally as well. One can be had for around 100$ and the other 1k. At the end of the day ones a Neil cost box. The other isn't.
This vest sold for around 200$ new 10 years ago. I bought one and used it for 9 years straight. And bought another a couple years later just to put up. It is the best most durable vest I've ever used. Pocket layout and material are awesome. And at 200$ it was a bargain as I have no doubt it would last 2 lifetimes. I retired mine this year because of what they are worth now. But I'm seriously considering getting it back out as there is nothing out there that remotely compares to it. And my other is one of those on eBay right now. And for the record I plan on buying a Neil cost box call after it sells.  ;D and my original can't be bought.  Too many memories and too much turkey blood in it.  ;D

boomer

I know every time I see one go up for sell. I always think about selling mine. Then I pull it out of the tote and look at it and say nope can do it. Got mine at the end of the season sale at a local store the year they came out for $75. I know I should stop using it but I love the lay out of it and the way it fits. It's number 272.

ncwoodsman

mwr

catman529

Quote from: ncwoodsman on April 06, 2017, 07:42:19 AM
For those of you who are wondering what makes this vest so special. Here is a great article I found.

http://www.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/news/mossy_oak_contributes_to_fight_against_cancer
very interesting...

So it is a collectible. But also good enough vest that people who use them don't want to sell them.

trkehunr93

It's a piece of turkey hunting history, I personally wouldn't pay $700+ for one but knowing the original intent of the vest I can see its value as a collectable.

PALongspur

I just can't believe they haven't brought out something similar as popular as they've gotten. Academy Outdoors sells a vest that's very similar in pocket layout and overall design, but the material is absolutely horrible.

davisd9

The academy is an exact replica of the Dixon/limbhanger, but as mentioned the material is loud.

If Mossy Oak had any sense they would start making the  limbhanger again!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Luvbowhuntn

Quote from: davisd9 on April 06, 2017, 07:55:33 PM
If Mossy Oak had any sense they would start making the  limbhanger again!

This x1000! I've owned 2 of the Dixon vests and while I do like them I prefer the Limbhangers a lot more. I really like the weight of the Limbhanger's better versus how heavy the Dixon's are.

Snood Life

I wonder if everyone sent Mossy Oak a product suggestion if it would help them realize how bad we all would want the limbhanger back.

http://www.mossyoak.com/contact-us

WALKER80

Mossy Oak needs to do something because the original bottomland vest I bought last year is falling to pieces.  I'd love to have a Dixon vest, maybe they'll come out with something similar in the near future. 

Luvbowhuntn

Quote from: 10splayer23 on April 07, 2017, 08:24:08 AM
I wonder if everyone sent Mossy Oak a product suggestion if it would help them realize how bad we all would want the limbhanger back.

http://www.mossyoak.com/contact-us
Couldn't hurt to try