turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anybody know?? ***UPDATE***

Started by SteelerFan, April 04, 2017, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

A few years ago (8-10?), a small company - Skip Enterprises - made a gizmo that snapped on the tail feathers of your bird to allow for "hands free" hero pics. For taking solo pics or pics of friends and / or family with the tail fanned out without the hunter's hand always shoved up the birds rear end.

I've used redneck engineering with a short stick and a piece of string, but the "photo fan" looks more convenient.

Is there a similar product out there from a company still in business? Anyone have an extra they want to part with? Any better ideas??

***UPDATE***

There are good people in business. In this thread I mentioned that Skip Enterprises never sent my order, and never responded to my email inquiries. I had to file a claim through PayPal to refund my money.

I had placed an order for a 3-pack of the photo fan and after three weeks, I requested the refund. I ordered on Feb 5th.

On April 7th I received an email from Skip Peterson apologizing for the inconvenience, as he noted an issue with his order notifications. He said he would send out my order.

I have since been in contact with him,  and told him I had cancelled payment and received a refund. He said he was sending me the product anyway. I insisted on sending him payment again, but he would not accept payment -saying that he felt terrible about the mix up. He insisted on sending me my order.

I wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge Skip, for being a stand-up business man. I will order more photo fans from him (friends and family) and would encourage any of you to do the same if you are looking for a compact, easy to use gadget to display your gobbler's full fan for field photos, etc.

Check out his website and video about the "photo fan"...

http://www.skipenterprises.com/hunting_products.html#the_photo_fan

Tom Foolery

paboxcall

I always wondered how guys did that when taking pics.   :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

captpete

I remember seeing those, but can't remember the name. The 1st time I saw them was here on OG. and I've only been around for about 5 years. Actually a pretty cool item.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 04, 2017, 09:12:50 PM
I have one of these:

http://skipenterprises.com/hunting_products.html

That's what I'm looking for. Tried to order - but no dice! Had to contact PayPal to get my $15 back after 3 weeks of ZERO response from them. I think they are out of business - but the webpage still shows up.

Happy

Bet you could make one with a wooden ruler and two clothespins.  Just put them at 90 degrees from the ruler at the right distance apart two clip on the last tail feather of each side. Just thinking out loud again.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom Foolery

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 04, 2017, 09:24:09 PM
Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 04, 2017, 09:12:50 PM
I have one of these:

http://skipenterprises.com/hunting_products.html

That's what I'm looking for. Tried to order - but no dice! Had to contact PayPal to get my $15 back after 3 weeks of ZERO response from them. I think they are out of business - but the webpage still shows up.

That's a bummer.  I carry mine in my vest.

Good idea posted about the ruler and clothes pins. 

SteelerFan

^^^ Actually thought about a short 6"-8" dowel rod, drilled hole on each end and use those small colored twisty gear ties from Lowes or Dick's.

Tom Foolery

Maybe some of them little black alligator clips used to hold papers together

Tail Feathers

One of the plastic hanger for pants, with the metal clips will do it too.  Cut the hook off and it's pretty light and easy to carry in the bottom of a game bag.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MK M GOBL

I just always break off a stick with a "Y" in it and it does the trick. If you look at this picture I took he is not even touching the bird and it is displayed with wings and fan in place.

The second picture was what we submitted as it looked more natural with his hand behind the bird, Won that too!!

MK M GOBL

Daddy rat

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 04, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
A few years ago (8-10?), a small company - Skip Enterprises - made a gizmo that snapped on the tail feathers of your bird to allow for "hands free" hero pics. For taking solo pics or pics of friends and / or family with the tail fanned out without the hunter's hand always shoved up the birds rear end.

I've used redneck engineering with a short stick and a piece of string, but the "photo fan" looks more convenient.

Is there a similar product out there from a company still in business? Anyone have an extra they want to part with? Any better ideas??

Is this what your looking for?  Picked these up at NWTF in February  think they were $15 for 2  at show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: That's a new / different design - thanks. $15 for 2 is a good deal. They want $15 + $5 for shipping for 1 on their website. If I don't build my own (or use the pants hanger), I might try it out.

https://www.facebook.com/turkeyfanfavorite/

thwack16

Just ordered one of the fan favorites. Realized my paypal defaulted to my old address after I'd confirmed the order. Sent an email and they had emailed me back and corrected it in 4 minutes. You can't beat that.

Daddy rat

guy said they had just got packaging ready  day before show..when I 1st seen it . I thought it was for fanning but they originally made them to dry fan for display but realized it could be much more...