OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thumbs up for Avian X customer service

Started by blackmagic, April 04, 2017, 03:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

Figure i'd give a positive customer service review since it seems there's plenty of negatives about everybody out there.  I contacted Avian X regarding how to properly repair a component of a decoy I've had a couple of seasons.  They stood behind their product and shipped me a new decoy and paid postage to return my defective decoy. 
:icon_thumright:
They even get a little blood spatter from the last bird shot next to it.

2eagles

Those darn AvianX decoys! We get a lot of blood splatter on our AvianX goose decoys too.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: blackmagic on April 04, 2017, 03:42:18 PM
Figure i'd give a positive customer service review since it seems there's plenty of negatives about everybody out there.  I contacted Avian X regarding how to properly repair a component of a decoy I've had a couple of seasons.  They stood behind their product and shipped me a new decoy and paid postage to return my defective decoy. 
:icon_thumright:
They even get a little blood spatter from the last bird shot next to it.

had the same thing, they replaced and fast!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

VaBoy

Not trying to be a smartazz but how did you do it . I emailed them more than a month ago about an issue and have yet to hear a peep.Ended up fixing it on my own. Glad for you tho...

blackmagic

Quote from: VaBoy on April 04, 2017, 04:41:20 PM
Not trying to be a smartazz but how did you do it . I emailed them more than a month ago about an issue and have yet to hear a peep.Ended up fixing it on my own. Glad for you tho...

I called 877 534-2263 which I think is the main line.  Transferred to customer service and through a couple of emails back and forth with their contact, I'm back in business.

Happy

I am calling bs. Don't you know dsd is the only decoy that works? Cmon man! Read the threads. Only dsd can fool a bird with a walnut sized brain.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

jwright8

Just got a Jake today. Good to hear that, incase something happens to mine.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

I had an issue with the small plug on the top of a avian x hen decoy and they did the same thing for me.... Sent me a new decoy out and only ask that I send the old one back to them . Excellent customer service and that will get repeat business all day long from people!!

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Happy on April 04, 2017, 06:10:11 PM
I am calling bs. Don't you know dsd is the only decoy that works? Cmon man! Read the threads. Only dsd can fool a bird with a walnut sized brain.

Someone's gonna upset the dsd crowd. Now it's gonna become a whizzing match about who has the better decoy.

I'll say this, never had to worry about air leaking from a featherflex and if it ate a handful of shot or anything larger, it didn't matter in the least.

Deast1988

My 1/4strut Jake don't hold air leaks through the stake slot. Ill be contacting them.

blackmagic

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 05, 2017, 06:45:18 AM
Quote from: Happy on April 04, 2017, 06:10:11 PM

Someone's gonna upset the dsd crowd. Now it's gonna become a whizzing match about who has the better decoy.

I'll say this, never had to worry about air leaking from a featherflex and if it ate a handful of shot or anything larger, it didn't matter in the least.

My Pros for owning an Avian X decoy. 
-ease of purchasing locally
-price point within my budget
-I like the way it looks
-I like being able to deflate
-I don't have to carry a giant stand for it. (these last two are big bonuses as I quite often have to go on multiple mile hell hike/swamp walks down here)
-and as of right now, they did me right with customer service. 

ruination

Broke a goose head off one of their dekes, completely my fault, shipped me a new one for free.  Can't beat that.
.410 Favors the Bold

ncturkey

That is good they took care of you. I have a new Lookout Hen. It was given to me as a retirement gift. I plan on using it this spring. I just bought me a 1/4 strut Jake that was made by DSD. I got it at Cableas. I know I will get some flack for mixing my decoys together. But I think they are both good decoys. But from the pros and cons I have heard the Avian X has some troubles with them linking. You are going to always have that trouble of the leaking. But from what I have read about DSD there has not been many complaints except the price. There many companies making good decoys. From the videos they all seem to be working well. I personally would rather not use decoys. But like any tool in hunting they will not always work. Like turkey calls they work sometimes and sometimes they do not. Personally I do not get set in one way of hunting. I change things up all the time. Just like my camo cloths I mix everything together to make it work to hopefully kill a turkey.

highcj5

that is good that they took care of you.  I didn't have the same luck.  I also emailed about how to repair a leaking decoy?  asked if I could put tire slime in it to seal leak.  was told to use shoe goo and see if that would work.  I have tried gorilla glue and shoe goo and it is still leaking.  I emailed again and told them my situation and asked again about the tire slime.  they advised me that would not be a good idea.  I said, well my decoy isn't doing me any good not holding air?  never heard a reply back after that.  might have to try the number.  I think that the avians look good.  just hear of too many problems of them leaking.  might have to suck it up and try a dsd next year?   like the fact that they can take pellets from a shot gun and don't have to worry about them deflating.     jesse

MK M GOBL

We deal with the leaks all the time down at the store, even new right out of the box... It has to be a known problem to them and they do nothing to fix the issue. Seems quality control or production/design is lacking, for the price of these you would think they would have a "Quality" product.

MK M GOBL