OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flame Elder Crystal Mistress

Started by eorlando, April 04, 2017, 08:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

I posted this in the general forum as well but figured I would post it here as well for those that missed it. All I can say is WOW!!!!! I called David last Tuesday to see if he had any more flame elder crystal mistresses left and he told me he thought he might have a couple. He e-mailed me that night and said he had 2. I told him I would take them. Thursday he shipped them and yesterday they were in my mailbox. They are beautiful and sound incredible. From what I heard he only made 14-16 of these so I feel lucky to have 2 of them. The one on the left has some cool worm holes in it and the one on the right has a ton of pink/red in it on the sides that look like flames. I can't wait to use one of them this weekend. I will try and get a soundfile posted this afternoon.

20170404_080011 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

20170404_075946 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

20170404_080109 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

20170404_080051 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

Listen to David Halloran Flame Elder Crystal Mistress w/ Lyman Tulipwood by Eric Orlando #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/eric-orlando-208186512/david-halloran-flame-elder

SteelerFan

mastevt

vt35mag

Awesome looking calls!  Just touched base with Ashley and she said I will see mine next week!

eorlando

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 04, 2017, 08:55:00 AM
Also I talked to David last week and he told me that he made 20-25 of the flamed box elder crystal mistress
Thanks for clarifying that TJ. I was just going off of what I had heard on here and what other people had said. Coming from David I would imagine that number is it then.

Clardh

I have one of them coming this week as well. I have heard others talk about the difficulties of contacting David. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I sent him a message about the flamed box elder call a few weeks ago. David got right back to me and said he had some box elder lumber. He told me when he started making them he would contact me. Late last week, he sent me a message via email and said my call was done. I can't wait.

yelpy

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 04, 2017, 03:42:46 PM
Quote from: eorlando on April 04, 2017, 02:43:16 PM
Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 04, 2017, 08:55:00 AM
Also I talked to David last week and he told me that he made 20-25 of the flamed box elder crystal mistress
Thanks for clarifying that TJ. I was just going off of what I had heard on here and what other people had said. Coming from David I would imagine that number is it then.
I had heard the 12-14 number to and I was on the phone with David asking him a few questions and asked him how many of them he made. David may be hard to get in touch with sometimes but he is one of the nicest guys out there. I was on the phone with him for 30 minutes and you would have thought we had known each other forever. Answered every question I had and gave me some great turkey hunting tips.

Oh so your the guy that's holding him up from his shop work. LOL!

vt35mag

Quote from: Clardh on April 04, 2017, 03:58:54 PM
I have heard others talk about the difficulties of contacting David. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Same here, Ashley got back to me within 2 hours of sending an e mail to check status.  The longest I have had to wait for a phone call was a day or two on previous orders.

jamo

I have one on order also, cant wait to put it to work.

mgm1955

eorlando

jjnfla

Sounds great,i ordered that same call took almost 2 months to get it..

Spitten and drummen

Judging by everyone that got one and he had some left to sell over night , i would say he made more than 16 or so.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

beakbuster10

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 04, 2017, 09:41:02 PM
Judging by everyone that got one and he had some left to sell over night , i would say he made more than 16 or so.
I'm starting to think the same think. Everyone thinks they're getting the last one. Smart marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swab21

where did you get the Camo bags from?