OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: question on turkey travels  (Read 4395 times)

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
question on turkey travels
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
hey,lovett             man it's nice to have someone of your background to ask questions reguarding the ole' bearded one . my question is about trails that turkeys travel.ya' see i there is a ridge that i hunt during the season and i took a nice tom there last season but there is one there i have been after for three years now and he's gobblin' there this evening.. there is a trail that the hen  and gobbler came up last year and this year according to the droppings and drag marks they are usng it again..now; do the turkeys travel the same route each day if undisturbed and is it usually at the same time. seems the big boy always goes the other way if i call so i'm gonna wait him out..ya see i put a trail camera up sat. evening and i'll leave it till wed. or thur. to see what is using the trail.. just wondering about your thoughts b4 i go get the camera.. thank's .................. ky

Offline Lovett

Re: question on turkey travels
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
kyhareraiser,

They do travel the route if not disturbed.  I'd set up a trail camera.  You'll see if he comes.