Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Double Bearded Public Land Osceola Down!

Started by birdman561, April 02, 2017, 09:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman561

Went to a new spot this morning to test the waters. It did not let us down. Right off the bat we heard a bird on the roost, but far. We decided to wait him out and not chase him. As the morning progressed he began his way towards us. He got about 100 yards gobbled once and didnt hear him for another 30 minutes.

Then something in the palmettos began making a ruckus. (Lots of hogs in the area) We figured it was to loud to be a bird. and the brush was to thick.(so we thought) Then all of the sudden he charged out of the palmettos at a whopping 10 yards. Instantly he had us pinned. I gave him the command to shoot. As he slowly raised his gun, the bird started to pick up speed. Then i gave the command again. SHOOT HIM!! he was about 30 yards out where he dropped like rock, and he tagged out for the season.

tomstopper

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boomer

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

joey46

Fullfan

Nice work, curious as to what that bird weighed?
Don't gobble at me...

suburbhunter

birdman561

Quote from: Fullfan on April 03, 2017, 07:32:54 AM

He weighed 14lbs and his biggest spur was an inch.

Ontario_caller

Thats awesome, congrats. I'm SO jellous of you guys hunting already, my seasons still almost a month away.
There He IS !

Fullfan

Quote from: birdman561 on April 03, 2017, 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: Fullfan on April 03, 2017, 07:32:54 AM

He weighed 14lbs and his biggest spur was an inch.

Thought he looked small,
Don't gobble at me...

birdman561

Quote from: Ontario_caller on April 03, 2017, 09:47:40 AM
Thats awesome, congrats. I'm SO jellous of you guys hunting already, my seasons still almost a month away.

And I'll be jealous of everyone hunting to the north when ours closes

beagler

Never Misses

mgm1955