turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington V3

Started by Blairj, April 01, 2017, 09:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blairj

Looking to see if anyone out there is hunting with one (Rem. V3 26") and what chokes people have been successful with it. 

CrustyRusty

Im surprised this gun isnt more popular.  It gets great reviews and is already drilled and tapped for a scope.  Hopefully someone on here has one with some results.

Blairj

It is a great gun.  I picked one up last year and the price point was good too.  Great balance and with the gas system being all right in the receiver and no recoil system in the stock.  Feels lighter then it is and is a great shooter. 

Old Gobbler

I think It has a standard Remington "Remchoke " and bore , probably what works for a 1187 or 870 may work
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

longislandloco

Yes to Rem-Choke, I think shipping had been slow, they have been a number of delays, Remington said to be trying to get it all right the first time. If you try www.shotgunworld.com the Remington forum has a 83 page thread on the V3. Since the gun is only a pound lighter than the 11-87 I'll stay with the old tried and true gas system and a number of bird gunners lament the gun does not have the same feel and fit as the 1100/11-87 platform.

Like any new gun I think I'll wait to see what develops, the Versa-Max has had some teething troubles the first few years, some guns had a tendency to bend the piston shafts, also the gas plugs needed a modification I believe.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Blairj

So far mine has been flawless with averything I've put through it.  The the gas system is more different than it is the same between in and the versamax.  I decided to give it a go and hope they got it right the first time.  Like anything though there will always be this or that that people like/dislike.  So far I love it.  Just wish they offered it with a little shorter barrel.  I've considered have a couple inches taken off but not sthat sure it would even be worth it.  It could have some more aggressive checkering for the grip and the rib is raised to were you can see in looking down the sights if that bothers anyone but it shoots fantastic. 

forcercon1

I picked up one early on and can't be happier with it. The value of the gun is way more than the price. The fit and finish was great when purchased and it still looks really good now after putting over 1500 through it. The gun has a good balance for me and fits me well. The guns shoot POA with a 55/45 pattern. The gun takes the RemChoke. I picked up a cheap "RedHead BP" turkey choke from Bass pro early on and it shot really well with Winchester LB 5's. I wasn't chasing #'s just a even dense pattern.

If you are looking for a good all around good at a reasonable price point you should consider this gun.