only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobler stats

Started by High plains drifter, March 31, 2017, 05:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Farmboy27 on April 03, 2017, 05:42:50 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on April 03, 2017, 03:38:17 PM
I don't like to talk numbers  its hard not to come off like a braggart.When I'm asked how many I've killed I answer not enough.The number I will say I've never wounded or lost a gobbler.I can say the same for bow hunting and I've had a 100 people tell me if you hunt long enough you will loose  a turkey/deer I think that is a defeated attitude and there's no reason you can't kill every animal you shoot at if you know your limitations and don't try to take iffy shots jmo
My advice to you is find a piece of wood and start knocking!  Lol. Anyone who has hunted long enough and claims no misses or loses is either lucky or lying. I hope your streak continues, but believe me eventually Murphy's law catches up with us and we are left scratching our heads to what went wrong.
I don't believe in luck good or bad and I don't care about anyone I knows opinion let alone total strangers on a forum so there is no motivation to lie.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

dejake

My success rate is 100%.  I've enjoyed every day in the woods.  Now the turkeys?  Some of them have been successful, too.

Farmboy27

Quote from: Phillipshunt on April 06, 2017, 04:48:37 PM
I don't like to talk numbers  its hard not to come off like a braggart.When I'm asked how many I've killed I answer not enough.The number I will say I've never wounded or lost a gobbler.I can say the same for bow hunting and I've had a 100 people tell me if you hunt long enough you will loose  a turkey/deer I think that is a defeated attitude and there's no reason you can't kill every animal you shoot at if you know your limitations and don't try to take iffy shots jmo
My advice to you is find a piece of wood and start knocking!  Lol. Anyone who has hunted long enough and claims no misses or loses is either lucky or lying. I hope your streak continues, but believe me eventually Murphy's law catches up with us and we are left scratching our heads to what went wrong.
I don't believe in luck good or bad and I don't care about anyone I knows opinion let alone total strangers on a forum so there is no motivation to lie.
No offense was intended and I wasn't calling you a liar. Just saying everyone who hunts long enough has a "what happened" moment. No body is perfect and no matter how much prep work you put in or how sure you are of the shot, eventually something goes wrong. There are a lot of "missed" birds that are hit birds. We all hate when it happens, but it does happen. I've lost both turkeys and deer. Made me sick every time but in reality the only way to be 100% sure you'll never cripple an animal is to not shoot at it.

TauntoHawk

I had a shot that close once with a load of hevi's couldn't hardly find a pellet hole... Think I missed and the blast killed that poor bird lol

I was standing up too, I was making a move and came over a rise and he was strutting right down the same deer trail.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

birdman561

Every hunting season I always try to bring someone who has never turkey hunted before. As much as I enjoy being the trigger puller. I would much rather see the joy come from someone who has never hunted. To me the thrill of the hunt comes from having a conversation with the birds.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Farmboy27 on April 06, 2017, 06:47:35 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on April 06, 2017, 04:48:37 PM
No offense was intended and I wasn't calling you a liar. Just saying everyone who hunts long enough has a "what happened" moment. No body is perfect and no matter how much prep work you put in or how sure you are of the shot, eventually something goes wrong. There are a lot of "missed" birds that are hit birds. We all hate when it happens, but it does happen. I've lost both turkeys and deer. Made me sick every time but in reality the only way to be 100% sure you'll never cripple an animal is to not shoot at it.
No offense taken ...just saying
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Turkeyman

Two things I'm really looking forward to this spring more than any turkeys I may get: 1) taking my grandson out, 2) taking a newfound friend out who introduced me to a new deer bowhunting spot last fall.

High plains drifter

I'm going to try and get a friend, or realitive out this year. My son doesn't hunt, my nephew does. I havnt done any scouting, but I think I can get a gobbler with my bow this year, as long as I don't have my gun with me.Even if I don't get one, it's great to get out there.