OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rhino G2

Started by Ozarks Hillbilly, March 30, 2017, 08:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozarks Hillbilly

Convinced it's not plastic build up you can feel the groves inside the choke tube with your finger. I  don't know it will hurt anything but my my Gen1's don't look like that. My OCD won't let it rest. I think I will take it over to Nitro Ray tomorrow to let him take a look and call Rhino and see if they can give me a explaination that will allow me to sleep at night.

lowoctane

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on April 02, 2017, 11:43:35 PM
Convinced it's not plastic build up you can feel the groves inside the choke tube with your finger. I  don't know it will hurt anything but my my Gen1's don't look like that. My OCD won't let it rest. I think I will take it over to Nitro Ray tomorrow to let him take a look and call Rhino and see if they can give me a explaination that will allow me to sleep at night.
Any updates? :popcorn:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Ozarks Hillbilly

Sorry I didn't post a update sooner. Spoke to Nitro they haven't done any pattern testing with G2 Rhinos.  Joe at Rhino was kind enough to call me back after I had spoken to an employee about what I had experienced. Basically what I got from the conversation is that some of the pellets that stick in the wad cause the score marks in choke tube. He said that they won't hurt anything and it was safe to continue to use Nitro shells with choke tube. He also said that if I couldn't get it to pattern to send choke and gun and they would make it right. I think I will just continue to use my G1's they give me peace of mind.

lowoctane

Ok, thanks. Seems to me that the HTL in those loads is harder than the material that the choke is made of...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Ozarks Hillbilly

Quote from: lowoctane on April 16, 2017, 08:42:18 AM
Ok, thanks. Seems to me that the HTL in those loads is harder than the material that the choke is made of...

That is the conclusion that I came up with as well. I think Nitro HTL is a little denser than say what Hevi-Shot is I think they use 15 vs 13 that Hevi uses.

lowoctane

I bought a Rhino off of a member here that turned out to be bulged. No where on the orange card does it say safe for Hevi. That's the choke I called Rhino on and I'm pretty sure they said no to Hevi. Offered no help with my situation... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

taylorjones20

Man, from previous threads I would have bet you were using TSS. Because everyone says this stuff has never happened until we started using TSS.   :popcorn:

And now I've heard from 2 different choke companies that the scores in the chokes will not hurt anything...

Glad you're good to go!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Ozarks Hillbilly

I still find it hard to believe that they would put Hevi-shot logo on package if they don't recommend shooting HTL shot through their chokes

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk