OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wild Game Nat'n...It's an embarassment...

Started by sixbird, March 29, 2017, 07:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I can't stand watching them! They are jokers.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

blake_08

I was watching Turkey Man and Matt the clown was on there talking about a turkey "hunt" in new jersey. He apparently got a call from a friend who is a cop and said you've got to come shoot this gobbler in this mans backyard. So matt gets there and knocks on the door to ask if he can shoot it and the man says yes so they go through the house to the back porch and conveniently, there's already a blind and a camera man there on the porch. so matt climbs in this blind with the gobbler already strutting in the yard with hens. Nice easy 20 yard shot on a strutting bird, and the freakin idiot shoots him in the leg. the bird runs off and they have to put another arrow in him but as they are all high fiving and celebrating, matt goes on to say the turkey had been attacking neighborhood children. The whole episode made me want to puke. I don't know how these guys have sponsors and a show. i would think sponsors wouldn't want their names pinned to people like this. It's sure a disgrace and an embarrassment for sure.

SteelerFan

I haven't watched one of their shows for a good while, but I would bet their "sponsors" are some of the following:

Avian - X
Ameristep
Barnett Crossbows
Bloodsport
Evolved
Flextone
Halo Optics
Plano Hunting
No Limit Archery
Tenzing
Wildgame Innovations
Zink Calls

They are all owned by Plano Synergy. Explains a lot.

http://www.planosynergy.com/

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/hunting-fishing-merger-plano-synergy-outdoors/

Bolandstrutters

Between them and Michael Waddell I'm at a loss of words. 

guesswho

Oh my!   Where's all the yeah but it's legal crowd?   

For the record I've watched about 30 seconds total of this crew.  It took me about 15 seconds to realize that it wasn't for me, and another 15 seconds to pick up the remote and change the channel.  I agree, I don't understand why sponsors want their products associated with crap like this. But I don't see any difference between turning off their show and voicing an opinion on them because you don't like what their doing, and others turning off shows and videos because they don't like certain tactics or equipment being used even though it's legal.  I've been reminded more than once if it's legal it has to be ok, right?   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

g8rvet

Quote from: blake_08 on March 30, 2017, 10:49:21 AM
I was watching Turkey Man and Matt the clown was on there talking about a turkey "hunt" in new jersey. He apparently got a call from a friend who is a cop and said you've got to come shoot this gobbler in this mans backyard. So matt gets there and knocks on the door to ask if he can shoot it and the man says yes so they go through the house to the back porch and conveniently, there's already a blind and a camera man there on the porch. so matt climbs in this blind with the gobbler already strutting in the yard with hens. Nice easy 20 yard shot on a strutting bird, and the freakin idiot shoots him in the leg. the bird runs off and they have to put another arrow in him but as they are all high fiving and celebrating, matt goes on to say the turkey had been attacking neighborhood children. The whole episode made me want to puke. I don't know how these guys have sponsors and a show. i would think sponsors wouldn't want their names pinned to people like this. It's sure a disgrace and an embarrassment for sure.

Watched as much of that episode as I could stomach.  Fools. 

Just for all the angst about the future of hunting, my son is 27.  One nephew is 28, the other 31.  They neither think nor act like any of these idjits.  They are hard core hunters that have excellent ethics and are not skeered to call out those that don't (not in a save the world antagonistic way, they just won't hunt with that type of person).  I would be willing to bet that the majority of folks on here have family, friends and others they know that are nothing like this. Why?  Because they taught them better.  You can't save the world, but you can dang sure affect your corner of it and I know the folks on here do. 

Just change the channel, your BP will be better and remember to take a kid hunting. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

trkehunr93

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 29, 2017, 09:33:44 PM
Cable TV hunting shows have done more to destroy hunting culture and ethics than anything

Why oh why doesn't someone just produce a show with qualified hunters that doesn't come off as watching a hsn, Billy Mays infomercial

They did, it's call Meat Eater.  Great program that is very well made, only hunting show I watch other than Jim Shockeys Uncharted.  The Busbice's on the other hand are a bunch of Dumb@$$'s IMO.  The dad needs to layoff the Just For Men, it kills me to look at him.  You've aged, your hair is gray, accept it!

catman529

Never heard of the show or seen it. Sounds dumb...y'all should watch YouTube videos. Tons of average guys like us posting their real world hunting. Some of its kind of crappy and some of it is top notch. But it's all real hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stinkpickle

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 30, 2017, 12:45:53 PM
Cable TV hunting shows have done more to destroy hunting culture and ethics than anything

Why oh why doesn't someone just produce a show with qualified hunters that doesn't come off as watching a hsn, Billy Mays infomercial

They did, it's call Meat Eater.  Great program that is very well made, only hunting show I watch other than Jim Shockeys Uncharted.  The Busbice's on the other hand are a bunch of Dumb@$$'s IMO.  The dad needs to layoff the Just For Men, it kills me to look at him.  You've aged, your hair is gray, accept it!

Agreed.  I like Meat Eater and Jim Shockey's shows.  I like the Primos shows, too. 

WALKER80

Unfortunately they're probably not going anywhere.  They own most of the companies they rep and a 55,000 acre tract of land in Louisiana.  You read that right, 55,000 acres in one block! 

g8rvet

55,000 acres?  If I could only afford that small of a tract, I would not hunt it.   :z-guntootsmiley: :goofball: :TooFunny:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

sixbird

Very few do brutha'...Steve Rinella (Meateater) and Randy Newman (Fresh Tracks) come to mind. Those guys are the real deal. Cuz Strickland, the same. Most of the rest seem to be just a bunch of jokers trying to do the next outrageous thing. Should make us all ashamed to be associated with any of them. I know, before I get blowback about the association, everyone who sees these shows judges us along with them...

WyoHunter

They're a bunch of idiots and aren't doing hunting or hunting shows any good.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

g8rvet

I like Eddie Salter.  Reminds me of my uncle. 

I like Alex Rutledge.  He seems like a decent dude. 

All of the "SMOKED HIM!" guys irritate me.