OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How to prevent hevi shot shells from leaking buffer

Started by Fl strutter, March 29, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

I have several hevi shot shells that the crimp is coming undone and they ate leaking buffer. What is the best fix for this.

nyhunter

i have used clear fingernail polish or a little elmer's glue

1iagobblergetter

dirt road ninja

I use clear finger nail polish on hand loads. Sucks that you have that problem on shells that are so pricey.

Fl strutter

Yea but they're bad news for gobblers. I tried some nail polish but it flaked off over a few days. I used some clear finish polish. Not sure bout all that kinda stuff am I supposed to use the color polish. Just can't let the misses catch me.

paboxcall

Drip or two of candle wax on the crimp will seal them up.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Dr Juice

I've used silicon successfully on the old Remington HS shells.

decoykrvr

Dap Alex Flex sealant.  Put a long nail/bolt in the hole in the tube to seal out air and the tube will last for a long time.  DO NOT use Gorilla Glue.  A reloader on another site reported that he had seen shells stretch and separate from the brass midway up the shell creating tremendous dangerous pressure and totally blowing the pattern when sealed w/ Gorilla Glue.

SumToy

funny thing is I had some from the past.  When we moved I put them in brick storage building that was on place.   I was starting to test this year I go to get them and the seeds was no longer in them.  Some type on little bug eat the seeds.   :character0029:

now they shoot but not real good but hay I give them to the kids to shoot now. lol
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BandedSpur

Quote from: decoykrvr on March 30, 2017, 07:47:47 AM
Dap Alex Flex sealant.  Put a long nail/bolt in the hole in the tube to seal out air and the tube will last for a long time.  DO NOT use Gorilla Glue.  A reloader on another site reported that he had seen shells stretch and separate from the brass midway up the shell creating tremendous dangerous pressure and totally blowing the pattern when sealed w/ Gorilla Glue.

Did you mean Alex Plus? That's the elastomeric caulk that myself and most of the loaders I know use. Use very sparingly and wipe off excess. It won't drive up pressures or flake off.