OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

34.9 miles later

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, March 29, 2017, 12:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I've been using my IPhone to keep up with the miles I have walked this year. I was curious how much I actually walked in a turkey season. So as of yesterday I was at 31. I finally heard some gobbles 2 day ago. I've been trying to dial him in for this, the 3rd day in a row. Well this morning I heard at least 6 gobblers rattling off! I was within 80 yards of 3 of them at daybreak. They flew down and of course went to the hen that was yelping. When I heard them further away I slipped up about 150 yards and sat down where he was gobbling most yesterday morning. It wasn't long and I could see 2 stutters. A few soft yelps and purrs and they came my way and brought the whole flock. The lead strutter came into 25 yards and realized something was up, too late. Great morning!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

tha bugman

better be eating or drinking some carbs or you will be needing a new wardrobe!  :TooFunny:

SteelerFan

kjnengr

Those limbhangers make all the miles worth it.   :icon_thumright:

camotoe

We did 26 in 3 days, 4 day new area 2 miles dead bird. Ya never know .????

kyturkeyhunter4

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

owlhoot

Very  nice bird! Congrats

Camo70

spaightlabs

Congrats on a nice bird and good on ya for putting in the hard work.

The spot I am hunting in 10 days is .5 miles long and about the same width...it'd take a lot of trips around it to get to 35 miles!!   

ncwoodsman

Congrats on a fine bird! Man you are certainly getting your exercise and then some.

tha bugman

Last year I had a fit bit on and in one day I logged 14 miles hunting.

Cottonmouth

Nice bird. Your knees are in better shape than mine

wvmntnhick

That's a dandy bird. Congrats on a successful hunt.

Rzrbac

Nice bird and worth every step I'm sure.