News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dakota decoys?

Started by supremepredator, March 29, 2017, 12:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 30, 2017, 02:14:01 PM
Here's a more recent side by side I found on the interwebs...

dsd looks a little better, but for the money id buy Dakota. Has anyone seen the Deception decoys? They look pretty good. The dsd strutter looks dangerously real, like private land only real!
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

30_06

I like the look and material of DSD better. Not a fan of Dakota's business.....decisions.

Esse quam videri

snapper1982

Quote from: supremepredator on March 30, 2017, 03:03:21 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on March 30, 2017, 02:14:01 PM
Here's a more recent side by side I found on the interwebs...

dsd looks a little better, but for the money id buy Dakota. Has anyone seen the Deception decoys? They look pretty good. The dsd strutter looks dangerously real, like private land only real!

Got dsd and deception. Deception strutter looks pretty darn good

troutfisher13111

I don't see where Dakota or Deception are half the price??? I found Dakota for $100 and Deception for $115

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stinkpickle

Quote from: Terry on April 01, 2017, 12:08:32 PM
I don't see where Dakota or Deception are half the price??? I found Dakota for $100 and Deception for $115

It looks like Rogers currently has the Dakota for $74.99...

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/decoys/turkey-decoys/dakota-decoy-x-treme-turkey-decoy.html

Gobble!

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 01, 2017, 03:48:41 PM
Quote from: Terry on April 01, 2017, 12:08:32 PM

It looks like Rogers currently has the Dakota for $74.99...

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/decoys/turkey-decoys/dakota-decoy-x-treme-turkey-decoy.html

Less than half.

cornfedkiller

Quote from: 30_06 on March 30, 2017, 06:09:32 PM
I like the look and material of DSD better. Not a fan of Dakota's business.....decisions.

Esse quam videri

This is my biggest problem with their decoy...

Marc

Dakota came out with their decoy after DSD, and the body posture and size is extremely similar.  Many people (right or wrong) believed that Dakota stole or infringed on the DSD body...

No doubt that the DSD looks better having seen them side by side...  I have no idea how many turkeys are scrupulous enough to see that difference though...  Will that lack of realism and light color put a wary old tom off?  I have no idea...  But I doubt that there are many birds that come into a DSD that would not come into the Dakota.

No decoys work all the time...  I doubt live decoys would work all the time...  I think DSD makes a darned realistic decoy... 

I have a DSD hen, and an Avian Jake...  I actually think that the color scheme of the Avian looks really good, and with a slight breeze, it moves much more realistically...  I have no idea if the Avian will pull in more or less birds, but I have an idea that it makes little difference in the long-term scheme of things.

I posted on a different thread, that I would be really interested to see the results of the Funky chicken verses the DSD...  I have talked to more hunters that swear by the Funky Chicken than at it...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.