OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy .650 in a Weatherby SA-459 turkey model

Started by Gutsdozer, March 28, 2017, 07:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutsdozer

Hello,

I meant to load two more pictures but on here they look very washed out on here. This is the only one I could get to look decent. It is a Longbeard 3" #6 at 20 yards. At 40 the numbers were not bad. Average of three was 146 in a 10" circle but was a bit gappy. I also took three shots with Hevi-13 #7 and averaged 193 in a 10" circle. Killing patterns so I am okay with those. The downside is they seem to want to drift a bit. The longbeards were hitting the same POI each shot. Maybe it is just me. I have never been recoil sensitive but I am getting older  :(

Philippe

Have William send you a .655 and .660, Those Long Beards will shine ones you get the right constriction. My own personal 459 liked the .660 and .665 with the LB's. .650 is too much.

SumToy

How have you clean the gun for one.  Next is you may want to drop to a 5 or may be a 4 to see.   Something changed with the shells I think.  I know the 6 have not shot as good this year as in the past for us. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Gutsdozer

I just talked to William. Customer service and satisfaction is obviously important to him. I am not even going to bother to try and post my other pictures. I told him what I was seeing. I wasn't exactly sure how to describe the patterns then he told me what they have been seeing with the new Longbeards. He hit it right on the head. If I am being honest I was not entirely aware that the numbers I was seeing were below par. He said we can do better!

Can't wait to get the new one and see the results. If you ever had any reservations about dealing with Sumtoy Customs I can tell you that you have nothing to worry about. Hopefully I can get some pictures up later.