turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 stardot .676 Longbeards 3.5" #5's

Started by neohiohunter, March 27, 2017, 03:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neohiohunter

Finally got my ff3 mounted on, here's my first 40 yard pattern. Shot it at 25 as well buy too many holes to count. It's not as even as I want it to be, but I do have #4's and #6's to pattern as well. Any thoughts?

Tennessee Lead

I just got 2 Star Dot chokes for my 835
I've shot one so far and was a little let down on the pattern. I've got to shoot more this week and I'll try both chokes to see if their is a difference in the pattern.
I think my Carlson Longbeard choke out performed the Star Dot with the Longboards.
I shot 8 different load combinations last Thursday. Both Lead and HTL.
With 3" #6 shot I had 210 and 217 through the Star Dot
My Carlson will run in the 280's
I shot 162 with 3" #5's in the Star Dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neohiohunter

I'm gonna shoot the 4 and the 6's and see what they do, I'm really after more of an even pattern than numbers, but I'm not gonna lie, big numbers do excite me. I've been kicking around the idea of trying an ssx, or the Carlsons longbeard choke

vt35mag

OP, I put up about the same #s as you with #5. Repeatable 155 to 165 with #4s, mid to high 200s with #6. Since the #4 & #5 were pretty close I stuck with the #4.
Carlson XR choke performed the same for me, so I stuck with the stardot. I have some hevi 7 left I run from time to time.

neohiohunter

That pattern was with lb #5's. I got 4's and 6's to try thru the stardot as well as with a new Carlsons longbeard choke. If I could.get 150-160 with 4's I think Id hAve found my match

vt35mag

Quote from: neohiohunter on March 29, 2017, 07:58:49 PM
That pattern was with lb #5's.

Yup I got that, I just adjusted my post to be more clear.