Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hook's Heartthrob vs Hook's Executioner/Executioner 2...

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 27, 2017, 12:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I ordered the Executioner and the Executioner 2, but after hearing the Heartthrob on YouTube, I am thinking maybe I should have ordered that. Is anybody running the Executioner/Executioner 2? How does it sound?

Bowguy

wcerin

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

SFCSNOW

Have both...HT and X2. I'm not a mouth call fan because I can't use them well. Buy 3-4 news one every year thinking I will find one I like.  This year was the year!  Bought a Gamechanger3, HT and executioner2. No luck with the GC3.
The HT helped me kill one Saturday. It's really easy to run an I can yelp and cluck softly or make some really loud raspy cuts and yelps on it. I'll be ordering more.
The X2 is my favorite though. It's by far the easiest mouth call to run I've ever used. Soft whines, KKs, clucks...noooo problem. It's a lot "cleaner" sounding yelps for me anyway. I can get raspy on it if I try but like the fact I can make soft clean yelps and clucks. It will always be in my mouth as a finisher call. It's nice to finally be hands free for when they are in close.

Happy

Between the two i prefer the executioner 2.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rzrbac

I prefer the Heartthrob over the Executioner 2.  For me it has a little more range.  I haven't tried the Executioner.

SteelerFan

I like the Ex II - but this year I also tried (for the 1st time) the persuader. It's a reverse combo, and I'm able to get a high front end on it if I want.

Honestly, mouth calls are like shoes. My 10.5 or 11 feel great, but they won't work for you at all if you wear a size 9 or 12. You just got to try on a bunch to find that good fit.

Cottonmouth

I've been using the executioner 2 for a couple years and it's hard to beat. Ordered the game changer 2 and 3 this year too. Really like the gc3 but the executioner 2 is more versatile in my opinion.

Swampchickin234

Ill have an ex2 in my possession at all times.  However, my go to call that runs great for me is a swindler.    I'm pretty loyal to hooks for no other reason than that they fit me, they are consistent, Mr Scott is a hoot to talk to, and they just work.  Outside of hooks, there is 1 call I love that I also keep on me and is a woodhaven yellow venom.   I couldn't say it is my favorite between some of my classic favorite hooks, but I run that call well.   Ive got a heartthrob or 2 or 3, and I like it for a cutting call, but it's not loved like my ex2 or swindler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerbasshunter3

houagie

Bowguy

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 28, 2017, 01:16:59 AM
I couldn't resist and I ordered a heartthrob.
just remember to order full size tape if that's what you use

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: Bowguy on March 28, 2017, 04:29:34 AM
Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 28, 2017, 01:16:59 AM
I couldn't resist and I ordered a heartthrob.
just remember to order full size tape if that's what you use

I actually end up trimming my mouth calls down a good bit, so no worries there.

neohiohunter

Executioner II. Awesome call and has called in multiple longbeards, I did just order a heartthrob but it's Gonna take a lot of convincing for me to give up the executionerII