OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: ATV Gunrack for flat composite front  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Disney

• Poor old boy couldn't resist a Timber Tune cluck.
ATV Gunrack for flat composite front
« on: March 26, 2017, 04:11:42 PM »
Does anyone know of a gunrack that will fit a flat composite front end cargo bed with holes in it?? Most gunracks are made to attach to tubular cargo beds.
Any info is appreciated. I've been riding my ATV with my shotgun on a sling, crossway across my back so it doesn't slip off. A gunrack will mack it much easier
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Offline MickT

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 06:01:35 PM »
Do you have room to put it on the handle bars? Otherwise look at the brand specific accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Disney

Re: ATV Gunrack for flat composite front
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:21:22 AM »
No Sir, no room on handle bars. I've looked at gunracks and they almost all say for tubular racks or are ambiguous in their description. Some say will say it will fit flat composite but you must alter or drill out the composite. I never knew the advantages of tubular racks. I have looked at trying to order it from ATV parts, from the internet and catalogs. I will just have to go to an ATV accessory store and hope i get a knowledgeable hunter for a salesman. I have called catalog places and so far no one could tell me if any would fit,with or without any alterations, even gunracks advertised to attach to the composite.
I am disabled and my family bought me the ATV so I wouldn't have to hike in so far, carrying all my equipment.. Unfortunately they purchased one not made in the USA. That is another story, it's a conglomerate of different brands.I might just ride my buggy to an ATV part store and be sure,what I buy fits, or fits with minimal alterations.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Offline MickT

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »
Sounds like you have some fabrication in your future then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline austinc

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 05:54:59 PM »

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »
I just mounted these to my quad, I had another version on the ATV and they were not solid (I hated the way they would shake and vibrate while running the quad off-road) These are super solid, I could have mounted to my composite rack without drilling any holes but I moved them as far back as I could and still plan to mount a second pair plus I have a crate on the front rack as well.

Kolpin Rhino Grip Pro

MK M GOBL

Offline Disney

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »
Thankyou. Exactly what i need. You made my day.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 07:42:04 PM »
Thankyou. Exactly what i need. You made my day.

Your Welcome, glade I could help a fellow turkey hunter :)

MK M GOBL