OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3/23

Started by Camo70, March 25, 2017, 08:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camo70

3/23 started of kinda crazy. I was going to meet a buddy on a place we haven't hunted yet. Well I jump on my Ranger and start heading that was when all the sudden the throttle sucks wide open. I'm standing on the breaks but not have much luck slowing done so I cut the key off right before centering a pine tree! I raise the hood to see what happened. By this time it's breaking day. Well about that time I hear a gobble in the direction I was going to be heading so I grab my stuff and strike out toward him. I come to a big field and stop to listen sure enough he's fired up!  I cross the field and head ups big hill once I get to the top I stop and call well he cuts me off but he's still pretty far so o move toward him. I come out on a logging road a softly call again and he answers close. He has pitched out to me and he's coming! I just flop down and wait. He gobbles and is moving to my right. I make a few soft calls to him and he answers. Now he is cutting back in front of me when I spot him. He is looking hard for his soon to be girlfriend but can't find her so he starts putting on a show strutting and gobbling. He closes in to about 30 yds. I give him a little soft call and he breaks strutt and that's when the nitros go to work! What started out to be a crazy mornin ended up pretty good.

Wrangler95

That is great going,congrats!! :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

jmart241

mossyhorn2

Sounds like your dark cloud had a silver lining. Congrats!!

turkeymanjim

Great bird. Glad to see nobody got hurt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2eagles

Greg Massey

Nice bird , congrats

owlhoot

Congrats again!

On aside note I usually just use  ::)owl hooting and crow called to get a tom to gobbling.
The ranger and the pine tree trick I have never thought of!   ::)

chatterbox

Strong work! Way to stay after him! :icon_thumright:

suburbhunter

Glad you didn't crash. Buy a lotto ticket. Well done.  :turkey2:

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

kjnengr

I love a happy ending.  Congrats on the nice bird.

culpeper

Wow, your starting hot....great fan, nice and clean and all intact!
Congrats

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

When your hot your hot! Congrats!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny