OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Looking for southeast montana merriam turkey hunt, for Indiana deer or turkey  (Read 2826 times)

Offline super8fullstrut

I'm wanting to hunt this spring in southeast montana, I've been doing some research on the Custer National Forest in Carter, Powder River, and Rosebud counties, wondering if theres a good population of birds there and how much hunting pressure it gets. wondering if anyone else has hunted around there and can point us in the right direction, not asking for your exact spots if you happen to hunt it, or bettet yet if anyone has family or access to any private ranches out there that we might be able to hunt on. There will be 4 of us coming out to hunt, me, my dad, my dads best friend, and my best friend, we will be using shotguns. We will be hunting in groups of 2, not individually. I can offer you a eastern turkey hunt or whitetail deer hunt, or both. my family owns a few hundred acres of  property and I have permission from surrounding land owners and friends to hunt their land also witch adds up to just as much if not more than my family owns. Me and my dad also have special hunting permits that gives us access to thousands of acres of privately owned coal company land that surrounds my families land.  I will say this, we don't have big mature bucks hiding behind every tree like I see on t.v, and see some people advertising and talk about, and I'm not going to guarantee that you will kill a mature buck, but I can guarantee that we have the land and more than enough deer and turkey to hunt. It comes down to how hard of a effort you put into it, after all it is hunting. I've got pictures of both deer and turkey that we've killed over the years to back up what I'm saying if anyone is interested. License for both deer and turkey are over the counter and both are under $200 each. I'm also interested in a Texas rio hunt if the montana hunt doesn't work out. thanks for your time.