turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SS pots

Started by Bowguy, March 23, 2017, 08:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

I noticed some interest for the SS pots in another thread. The boys made some good pots. I don't have his crystal heat but the ambrosia glass. Good calls. Wish he still made em.

scoot12

His crystal heat and aluminum are real good,  I think he is going to make some pots again soon.  Al is know for his box calls but his pots don't get enough credit.

Bowguy

Couple of my friends have all three of the newer ones n they are I've run em they're all really good.

scoot12

Al builds his pots so they roll over effortlessly,  something I love in a pot call.   Scoot

Bowguy

Quote from: scoot12 on March 23, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
Al builds his pots so they roll over effortlessly,  something I love in a pot call.   Scoot
Yea he does. First time I saw Lou run one that's what impressed me

SteelerFan

scoot12 - a while back you posted a video of you running the crystal heat. Do you still have that video? It sounded really, really good!

letinmfly

Al and Josh make outstanding pots.  They just don't push them as much as their boxes.  They took first place in Nationals with an aluminum call back in 2010 if I remember correctly.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

hunter22

I agree with Lou, they SS boys make fine pot calls in addition to box calls and scratchers. I hunted a SS bare aluminum in a Black Limba pot in Texas a few years ago and killed two nice gobblers that fell in
love with it. I retired it but need to get it back out. I have a glass Ambrosia Maple they made that sounds as good as any glass call I own and I have a couple.

Ol Yelper

Great little pot calls made by the SS guys. I have all three, slate, glass, and aluminum in their Game Over series from a couple years ago. All are excellent. The slate is real nice, calls soft and will crank it up as good as a glass. Even kee kees good.

scoot12

http://vid227.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/gracieboo2/Del%20Crow_zps6jbd4wb5.mp4  I think this was it but it was Del running it at Nashville,  this one has the wood composite board I think.

SteelerFan

Quote from: scoot12 on March 23, 2017, 10:30:44 PM
http://vid227.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/gracieboo2/Del%20Crow_zps6jbd4wb5.mp4  I think this was it but it was Del running it at Nashville,  this one has the wood composite board I think.

That was it.  :icon_thumright:

vabeardhunter

I have their aluminum pot and it runs great. Always make make great stuff and Josh and Al are good guys to deal with.

Triple B

Quote from: vabeardhunter on March 24, 2017, 11:20:53 AM
I have their aluminum pot and it runs great. Always make make great stuff and Josh and Al are good guys to deal with.
X2

idratherb

luv my crystal heat  :jackson:

turkey stew

I have several SS Custom pots and they all run easy and the turkeys love them! :gobble: