OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

camera tripod advice

Started by brimmyfish, March 22, 2017, 06:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brimmyfish

Just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for a decent camera tripod for less than $100. I know you probably get what you pay for with these, but I cant bring myself to spend a lot of money on something that will mostly ride in a truck toolbox or the back of a golf cart when I head out each day. I have a cheaper tripod now that does fine, except it kind of jerks around when you try to pan from side to side.

Thanks

MK M GOBL

Can't give you a recommendation for under $100, But I have got rid of every cheap tripod I had because of the quality of footage you get using them as you mentioned... If you are trying to get great footage I'd bite the bullet and go with quality.
Manfrotto would be my choice.

MK M GOBL

catman529

I used cheap tripods for a few years till I got tired of them breaking. Got a cheaper "good" tripod that is very sturdy for about $130. It's a Slik, can't remember the model number, but is solid black with a fluid head. I've been happy with it so far, had it a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: brimmyfish on March 22, 2017, 06:43:25 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for a decent camera tripod for less than $100. I know you probably get what you pay for with these, but I cant bring myself to spend a lot of money on something that will mostly ride in a truck toolbox or the back of a golf cart when I head out each day. I have a cheaper tripod now that does fine, except it kind of jerks around when you try to pan from side to side.

Thanks

Brimmyfish....I use manfrotto tripods.  If u watch eBay closely u can get a decent manfrotto tripod on there for under $100 or just alittle over that.   I got a $450 monofrotto tripod off there last yr like new.  Watched for weeks but if ur patient there is deals to be found.   God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens