OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite hunting quote

Started by turkeykiller22, March 20, 2017, 03:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoward11

Going to put the " Mohican sneak on him"

Turkeybutt

He has to be perfect every day, you only need to do everything right one day.  Each hunt, ask yourself what you could have done different.  When you think you have a turkey, or turkeys in general, figured out - you are wrong.  They are random and wary with excellent hearing, excellent eyesight.  The chink in their armor is they really really really want to breed.  They are not intelligent, but they can and will learn.

Sungrazer

"He's dead, he just don't know it yet"
My Dad

Turkeybutt

While out scouting with my son the other day when one gobbled he said,
"That's one bird that has an appointment for a TSS facial in a few days."

Turkeyman

If a bird gobbles at your call he's already half dead, you just gotta complete the other half.

grayfox

Quote from: greencop01 on March 21, 2017, 08:27:22 PM

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt turkeys because I have to."  Tom Kelly

My favorite. You have to be a turkey hunter to understand it.

Stickbow98

"You know why turkeys (and deer) always seem to come in behind you?

...You're facing the WRONG WAY!!  :goofball:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

spencerhoosier

From my daughter..."Hey dad, I saw a chubby turkey in the field this morning on the way to school."

She calls stutters, chubby ones, so now I do too!

Cowboy

Our kids called ours PUFFERS. Now got us saying it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bagg-it Tag-it

"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." --Aldo Leopold

TurkinTone

"When you hear that Ol' Bird gobble one of two things is bout to happen...you gonna kill'm or you ain't. "

TrackeySauresRex

Wake up late and shoot straight  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

DocHolliday

As a frequent black powder turkey hunter, the following is always pertinent and frequently rears its ugly head:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel decides to pee in the touchole of your musket " -German proverb

Sixes

My Dad would say

"He's just turkeying" when something went wrong in a hunt

Zobo

Soak it up, go into it softly and thoughtfully, with understanding, for another year must pass before you can come this way again.
                            -Gene Hill
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14