OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best/Most Affordable Push-Pins that are able to be secured to the barrel somehow  (Read 5446 times)

Offline SwampAssassin

I have bought a couple real cheap push pins from the big box retailers and one flat out didn't sound realistic and the other was half way broken when I received it. I am still trying to master the mouth calls to the point where Im confident using one while trying to close the deal on a bird at close range. For now though, im really just looking to buy a push pin or something similar that I can use now until i get better with the mouth calls. Not wanting to spend a fortune on one, but I have learned the hard way that you get what you pay for in essence. If i could find one in the $40-50 range or cheaper that would be great!
Sweet Talkin bearded thunder chickens since 89'

Offline SwampRooster17

• The Boss Gobbler
David Loftis makes a push pin that sounds pretty good it cost around 40 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blairj

David Loftis makes a push pin that sounds pretty good it cost around 40 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked one up a few weeks ago and am very happy.  It's not going to win any beauty contests like Old Gobblers or Mike Lapp's push pins but it will absolutely talk turkey with the best of them. 

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Everyone has a opinion ..here's mine ....

The barrel mounted thing was a fad in the 1980's....invented by people who just wanted to sell lots of mass produced calls , IMHO , it's about impossible to operate a push pin with a string and sound  good

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Disney

• Poor old boy couldn't resist a Timber Tune cluck.

The barrel mounted thing was a fad in the 1980's....invented by people who just wanted to sell lots of mass produced calls , IMHO , it's about impossible to operate a push pin with a string and sound  good

Has anyone tried the new Knight and Hale magnetic push pin? No string involved. Around $50. The magnet sticks to the receiver of the shotgun and I think you operate it with your thumb or finger. I don't have one but have seen them advertised.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard

Has anyone tried the new Knight and Hale magnetic push pin? No string involved. Around $50. The magnet sticks to the receiver of the shotgun and I think you operate it with your thumb or finger. I don't have one but have seen them advertised.
wow! that would be cool to see