Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scored for the team

Started by blackmagic, March 19, 2017, 02:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

Need to recheck the stats, not gonna break any records, but put on one hell of a show.

TrackeySauresRex

WoooooHooooo! On the board,WTG!  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mountainburd

Nice work Blackmagic.  Way to get things started!

Deputy 14

Hayudog

Nice. One for the team.  That's the way to start out the year!

TURKEYWHACKER

Congrats brother, I was excited when I saw your text Sunday morning.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Dr Juice

Nice. Congrats. What are the specs?

blackmagic

16lbs 9oz
Beard 9 1/4"
Spurs 7/8" & 1"

Weekend was absolutely stellar.  Had a buddy along that's been struggling to kill his first bird for several years.  Scouted a couple of days ahead of our hunt and located what sounded like a jake and a tom or two down in a thick creek bottom.  Birds were very quiet only sounding off twice before hitting the ground and being silent.  Set up Saturday morning where I though they should walk and was met with a cold front and 40* and absolutely silent birds.  Smoke from a nearby burn also gave us literally 1 foot of visibility driving in.  Well, despite the silence and environmental conditions, a pair of  Jakes slipped in silently to 15 steps and after letting them act silly for a while and these Florida boys freezing our nuggets off, my buddy took his first turkey.  A jake, sure, but a public land Osceola in yo face! 

Sunday was a different ballgame altogether.  Weather was 18* warmer and a couple of birds were up the creek and screaming.  They hit the ground and I gave them just enough to come find me.  3 smallish birds came in and I let them hang out for a couple of minutes then noticed their attitudes change when a 4th birds appeared full of piss and vinegar.  He put on the full show....spittin, drumming, strutting and cutting loose!  The three lesser birds did nothing but yelp and make other funky noises. And wouldn't you know...when I'm ready to drop the hammer, he steps behind a tree, then I just watch his fan flip back and forth for another few minutes as he spun circles.  Obviously I eventually get him to step out and put us on the board.

One of his wings had broken primaries, fighting maybe?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Nice going Rey!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sounds like a heck of a hunt!! :gobble: :fud: :turkey: :funnyturkey:

reflexl

WildSpur

Good job!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less