OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eddie wynne's slate

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 19, 2017, 06:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Here's another quick review of eddie wynnes slate call. I ordered a slate in persimmon pot call along with a persimmon and purple heart  one piece strikers. Recieved the call yesterday. I am here to tell you that this call is 100 percent turkey. Has great roll over and plays easy . You dont have to work at it for a good backend.  The persimmon striker gives a clean yelp with a soft bite on the backend.  The purple heart is a little deeper and gives a raspy backend.  This is in my vest and will be starting this morning. Looking for a great slate , this is it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

scoot12

couldn't agree more,  great review.  Scoot

SteelerFan

OldSwamper

S n D,
Can you post a soundfile?

MikeStaten

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MikeStaten on March 19, 2017, 08:18:23 AM
Quote from: OldSwamper on March 19, 2017, 08:12:22 AM
S n D,
Can you post a soundfile?

That would be great.
x3 Congrats..Never heard of him before...Lets hear it and see a picture of it parked beside a big ol longbeard... :fud:

letinmfly

Great sounding call!!  I ordered one last night from Eddie.  Just a heads up if anyone wants one in Persimmon that he's almost out of the Persimmon he's been using. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

scoot12

Eddie used to put his calls in competitions and has many awards with his slate calls.  He doesn't anymore and likes to remain  little more low key.  Scoot

scoot12

Update,  Jody just killed a great bird with his Wynne slate,  first morning using it.  He will post kill pics soon.  Scoot

SteelerFan

Quote from: scoot12 on March 19, 2017, 10:16:11 AM
Update,  Jody just killed a great bird with his Wynne slate,  first morning using it.  He will post kill pics soon.  Scoot

Good news for Jody... Mr. Wynne's stock of persimmon? NOT SO MUCH!! lol

OldSwamper

Here is my Eddie wynne crystal over slate 2-sider. Fooled quite a few, she bad

OldSwamper

Bottom side, wouldn't let me attach both in same thread

scoot12

Hear he builds a great 2 sider also.  Scoot

Spitten and drummen

As scoot said , I just killed my second bird of a 3 bird limit and season isnt a week old yet. As a matter of fact its 5 days old. Just got in from the camp and will be posting pics of both birds and short story in general forum. Got my wynne persimmon slate paired with his purple heart striker went first and last this morning. Got on him while on the roost and pulled the trigger at 930. He was henned up and was a tough hunt. Took 4 different moves and setups before closing the deal. This slate call is one of the top slate surface pots that i have ever had. Definitely will be hard to remove from the vest. The bird weighed 23 pounds , had 11" beard and 1-3/8 spurs. I found shot in his breast from last year. He is a good 3 year old at least.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowhuntr73