OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

6 years ago today

Started by catman529, March 17, 2017, 09:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Thanks to Facebook for reminding me of this pic today. 6 years ago I made my first scouting trip for turkeys to a local WMA. I had hunted once the year before, but with a friend on a private farm and we struck out.

So on this spot, I received a tip about it from someone who used to hunt there a lot. I found the birds roosted along the river and spent most of my first season hunting that area. I killed my first turkey I think on April 9th of that year, on my 3rd hunt. A jake at 6 yards. As well as I remember that jake going down, I also remember watching this sunrise. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Sweet photo man, wish I had photo like this to commemorate one of my memorable hunts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SteelerFan

That photo is worth more than 1,000 words...

wvmntnhick

greencop01

A story in a picture...........
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

TN Beard Buster

Awesome picture Johnathon! Holler at me if your coming to Normandy any this season. Maybe we can hook up and share a tree. Also, maybe we can get together at AEDC, since you said you've never been there before!

kjnengr

Quote from: Treerooster on March 18, 2017, 09:39:18 AM
Nice pic.

A camera is an important item in my vest. Pics sure bring back the memories.

:agreed:

Great picture catman.